Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT?
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm on a never ending search of the perfect saddle. I have tried loads and loads of different ones (arione, slr tri, sitero, power, cobb55, ISM PN1,0 & 3.0, hilo rxl, new hilo comp, aerofuel, stealth, mystica, ...) and in the process figured out that:
- Can't have anything split-nose, because it causes pinching and tears my bottom up
- Need something short-nosed to get proper hiprotation (i'm sitting long and low)
- Saddle has to have a smooth surface (grippy stuff is ok), to prevent my bottom from tearing up. So no funky relief channels etc.
- Some softness in the saddle always aids comfort for me.

The prologo TGale looks pretty simple, flat, short nosed, ... but it is quite expensive and no lbs around me has a testsaddle. So was wondering if anyone is using it?
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all the saddles I have been through the TGale was my favourite until I went to Dash and you will struggle to make me change now. The TGale has a ver narrow nose and I had never used a split but short nose saddle and I found the most comfortable to ride with of all the non split nose saddles I had ridden. Not sure what I can tell you except I liked it when I was riding it. I have since gone to Dash and took me a while to work out exactly how to sit on it properly and find the right position that goes with it but once the penny dropped I can get so much better hip rotation and a better position as well as being more comfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Of all the saddles I have been through the TGale was my favourite until I went to Dash and you will struggle to make me change now. The TGale has a ver narrow nose and I had never used a split but short nose saddle and I found the most comfortable to ride with of all the non split nose saddles I had ridden. Not sure what I can tell you except I liked it when I was riding it. I have since gone to Dash and took me a while to work out exactly how to sit on it properly and find the right position that goes with it but once the penny dropped I can get so much better hip rotation and a better position as well as being more comfortable.

Right, im going for it. Im so desperate that i just needed to hear it's not a terrible saddle and i should steer clear. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using this on my BMC TM02 for about 6 months and absolutely love it. Switched from an ISM Prologue and an ISM PS 1.1. Found these to be too wide and caused a lot of chafing on my inner thighs.

When unboxing, my first impression of the TGale was "holy shit this thing is firm and will be uncomfortable". I thought I wasted $190 until I put it on my bike, dialed the position on my trainer, and then went for an outdoor ride. As with any saddle, position is the most important thing. Once dialed in, I absolutely loved it. There is enough of a relief channel for your man bits. It is wide enough to be comfortable, but narrow enough to not rub my thighs. It has a nice transition hook on front. The rubber grippers do a great job keeping you in place. I bought the rear hydration adaptor too.

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you measure how wide it is 3cm back from the tip?
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure thing, but it will be later this evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Prolago Tgale PAS TiRox saddle that is a take-off from a new bike, if you're interested.

Pictures
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this it ?

Reason I ask is I borrowed it for the day and I think it's the Prologo TGale

Surprised about how comfortable it is. I was 2.5hr in the TT position with it and didn't think of it once.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jb_11 wrote:
I have a Prolago Tgale PAS TiRox saddle that is a take-off from a new bike, if you're interested.

Pictures

Aw.. read this too lage, just ordered one.

marcag wrote:
Is this it ?

Reason I ask is I borrowed it for the day and I think it's the Prologo TGale

Surprised about how comfortable it is. I was 2.5hr in the TT position with it and didn't think of it once.

Yep thats the one! Good to hear alot of good stuff about it. Looking forward to receiving my package!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Fusion wrote:

Yep thats the one! Good to hear alot of good stuff about it. Looking forward to receiving my package!

How have you liked the saddle so far? I'm starting to consider this. Like you I haven't found the right one yet and I've tried most of the ones you have.

Did you get the TT version or the PAS version with the cutout? Any insight would be great!
Last edited by: teichs42: May 16, 18 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:

Fusion wrote:

How have you liked the saddle so far? I'm starting to consider this. Like you I haven't found the right one yet and I've tried most of the ones you have.

Did you get the TT version or the PAS version with the cutout? Any insight would be great!

Did not like it at all. It was an instant saddle sore generator and it was hard as bricks to sit on. It looked super mean on my bike, but i couldn't live with it and reverted back to my pro vulture. Kind of felt like coming home, so decided to stop trying to find a saddle that gives me the extra hip rotation.

I tried the one without the cutout btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
teichs42 wrote:

Fusion wrote:

Did not like it at all. It was an instant saddle sore generator and it was hard as bricks to sit on. It looked super mean on my bike, but i couldn't live with it and reverted back to my pro vulture. Kind of felt like coming home, so decided to stop trying to find a saddle that gives me the extra hip rotation.

I tried the one without the cutout btw.

Damn! That's disappointing. Do you still have it and looking to sell?
Quote Reply
Re: Any experiences with Prologo TGale TT? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:

Yep, might sell it. I'm in europe however, but I can ship on buyers expense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
teichs42 wrote:

Oh okay, nevermind then haha.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:
I have been using this on my BMC TM02 for about 6 months and absolutely love it. Switched from an ISM Prologue and an ISM PS 1.1. Found these to be too wide and caused a lot of chafing on my inner thighs.

When unboxing, my first impression of the TGale was "holy shit this thing is firm and will be uncomfortable". I thought I wasted $190 until I put it on my bike, dialed the position on my trainer, and then went for an outdoor ride. As with any saddle, position is the most important thing. Once dialed in, I absolutely loved it. There is enough of a relief channel for your man bits. It is wide enough to be comfortable, but narrow enough to not rub my thighs. It has a nice transition hook on front. The rubber grippers do a great job keeping you in place. I bought the rear hydration adaptor too.

Hope this helps!

Are you still using the TGale? Fusion didn't have a good experience and I'm trying to get more info from someone who's liking it.

Are you using the TT or the PAS version with the cutout? You mentioned relief channel in your post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
teichs42 wrote:

Could you do me a favor and measure the width on the nose of the saddle for me?
Quote Reply