Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DMT DTR1 - Any experiences?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experiences with or thoughts on what appears to be a new DMT tri shoe - DTR1? Single boa, low profile, large opening. Looks like a slimmed down and cleaned up S-Works Tri. Expensive and hard to return from the US unfortunately.

https://www.dmtcycling.com/en/triathlon/dmt-dtr1
Quote Reply
Re: DMT DTR1 - Any experiences? [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only say, that these are great. Available in half sizes, for narrower feet.
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried other DMT shoes and they were very, very narrow. Made my Fizik R1Bs - already too narrow for me - seem like Crocs.

As for BOA, I'm not convinced it offers an advantage in a tri-shoe context. I compared how long it takes me to wind a up a BOA shoe from fully-open to "tight enough" compared to a standard tri shoe velcro, and - unsurprisingly - the velcro wins by a margin. And it's not like a wide strap (Pearl Izumi, for example) lacks in support.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: DMT DTR1 - Any experiences? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the previous version T1, for 2 years. Everything is good. Stiff enougth, comfortable enougth.
S-works 6 is a little more comfortable, IMO
Quote Reply
Re: DMT DTR1 - Any experiences? [captain-dan76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback - any thoughts on width? Do they compare in width to the other DTR shoes? It looks like it may be easier to size and return the road shoe version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads-up on width. Narrow would not work.

I'm content with a set of Pearl Izumi TriFly's I have, but they are getting a bit old and beat up. I've been trying on various tri shoes, but at this point looking for the "perfect" one. I'd like to have something super clean (one strap or boa) with a wide opening. DTR1 looked worth a try... I love my S-Works Road shoes, but too hard to get on or off for a short distance race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My PI Tri Flys have been chewed by my in-law's dog but I can't bring myself to replace them. For short distance, I'm happy enough with the strap, ease of entry etc. For long distance use the Fizik R1B, which are also surprisingly easy to enter on the fly - the burrito-style tongue opens super wide, it's just that spinning that BOA dial takes ages.

I'm keen to try Bont shoes, but after trying the mail-order thing once with Bonts and getting it horribly wrong, I'd rather wait for an opportunity to try them on first.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, mine probably aren't doing much better!

Fizik R1B looks interesting. I was thinking the single BOA and no tongue on the DTR1 might be fast enough. I've been interested in the Bonts but probably a better long course than short course shoe and I'm not totally sold on the cover actually be faster. Maybe I'll have to take the plunge on the DTR1 and give it a try if I can find somewhere I can return.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking along the lines of the Bont Riot Tri or Sub8 - the full-on tri options - or the single-BOA Blitz. Wide forefoots make sense!

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply