Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA Brake-light
Quote | Reply
Hey, Felt IA owners... What's your favorite brakelight? Anything on the seat-stay seems like it would point into the eyes of anyone following me, so I think it needs to wrap around that massive seatpost.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Brake-light [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a Garmin Viara radar. Garmin put them on sale $50 off. I needed a tail light, and went for the full fun tech. It is freakin' awesome, and I highly recommend it. At $200 it was non-interesting to me. But somehow at $150, it seemed like a good spend. It has adapters that should wrap around the IA seatpost. (I have not tried it yet on my IA, because I have only put it on my road bike so far.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a Serfas Thunderbolt UTL-6. I was able to stretch the straps around the seat post, but it was really tight. I found that Serfas makes longer straps, so purchased a set and far better. I haven't used it since adding the draft box, and lower part of the light sit on one of the draft box mounting bosses to make the light a little more perpendicular to the ground. Now I will just strap to the seat post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I attach mine to the back of my helmet because i couldn't find a better/affordable solution.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cut some pvc pipe in half then mount a taillight to that. Works great and a cheaper solution!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Brake-light [Jimmy B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimmy B. wrote:
I attach mine to the back of my helmet because i couldn't find a better/affordable solution.

This is what I have done for a while now and many times attach two if it is foggy at the start. I have a cheaper light that I attach using combined rubber bands to the seat post. I have been testing this cheap light for a few months as an early morning light. I like it because I can add it or take it off easily if I don't need it. This not an endorsement for the brand and there are several on Amazon that have similar type attachments. My review posted in December and still ongoing for reliability.

The helmet attachment works well for me since I typically train solo. The same Cygo light that I trust and used by friends on road bikes mounted on the seat post is blinding in a rainy pace line, but makes for an incentive to get up front and stay on the front to avoid the lights and tire spray. :-) I don't use the helmet mount in a group ride.
Quote Reply