Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mt. Lion Attack Victim Fund
Quote | Reply
Below is a message from The Trail Angels Mtn. Bike Club (www.trailangels.com) regarding Anne Hjelle. Anne, as we all have seen on the news, was seriously injuried by a mountain lion in Orange County, Ca. Along with time, medical care, and courage, a lot of money will be required for Anne to recover from her injuries. I do not personally know Anne Hjelle but she is my sister. This could have happened to you or me. Any one of us, out for a ride or run, could find our lives suddenly changed forever. Please consider this and give what you can.
Gary Mc

January 9, 2004 - Statement from Jacke Van Woerkom of the Trail Angels

This recent tragic incident will remain in our hearts and minds forever and my prayer is that each and every one of you, no matter where you are spiritually, will reflect on this and use it. We can not predict the size of the mountain we have to climb, but we can predict that the rewards at the top will only make us stronger.

Thank you to everyone who has wholeheartedly shared and expressed their love and prayers for Anne and Debi and for all of the encouraging notes we've received sharing positive thoughts of the Trail Angel group. We'd also like to express our deepest sympathy to Mark Reynold's family and friends and prayers for comfort and peace.

This group was formed by faith, love and a genuine compassion for the sport and compassion to share it with others. Will this incident allow fear to take up residence in our minds and prevent us from riding? I certainly hope not. Thus far, it has bound us all together and strengthened our knowledge of the value of our friendships. The group will carry on with their mission and continue to be a comfortable place to satisfy your love to mountain bike with others, develop new friendships and respect the land we share with its wild residents.

Many of you graciously asked what you can do and the answer to that are continued prayers for Anne, Debi and their families. In addition a charity has been set up for Anne and you can make a contribution at:

Ann Hjelle Foundation
Washington Mutual Bank, FA
Mission Viejo - S.M. Parkway Financial Center 1354
27888 Santa Margarita Parkway
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Routing # 322271627
Account # 0930601043

Carpe Diem,

Jacke Van Woerkom

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply