Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slowtwitch vs Let’s Run [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Poon wrote:
I tend to drift over there before big marathons (I did Boston today). Wow, that site has a nasty streak to it. Hard to say what they hate more: “hobby joggers” or triathletes. A “hobby jogger”, by their standard, is anybody that wasn’t a college runner or somehow sub-elite.

I get sucked in there every now and again. Mostly just the Rossi thread. It's rare though because the forum set up is awful. I can't follow who is talking to who and it generally hurts my eyes.

I also think half of them are full of shit when it comes to their running ability. The hatred if triathletes and hobby joggers makes me laugh every time.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch vs Let’s Run [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I also think half of them are full of shit when it comes to their running ability.

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch vs Let’s Run [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Poon wrote:
I tend to drift over there before big marathons (I did Boston today). Wow, that site has a nasty streak to it. Hard to say what they hate more: “hobby joggers” or triathletes. A “hobby jogger”, by their standard, is anybody that wasn’t a college runner or somehow sub-elite.

I get sucked in there every now and again. Mostly just the Rossi thread. It's rare though because the forum set up is awful. I can't follow who is talking to who and it generally hurts my eyes.

I also think half of them are full of shit when it comes to their running ability. The hatred if triathletes and hobby joggers makes me laugh every time.

But then you have proof with Strava....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone on Slowtwitch is a sub 9hr 140.6 guy and can come home from Kona with a wooden salad bowl...

Everyone on Lets Run is 14minute 5ker that runs 100miles per week while drinking 100 beers in that week...

With that said, I feel Lets Run has much better event and general running news coverage than Slowtwitch does for triathlon (maybe because there are more running events to cover?), and Slowtwitch has better information on the message board when you filter through the cow turds (probably because LetsRun doesn't have a separate forum for junk like in the Lavender Room)...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let's Run forum is caustic. They make Paulo and EricMPro here look downright charming.
Quote Reply

Prev Next