Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 16 Edition (Marathon Monday!)
Quote | Reply
Happy Patriots Day!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition (Marathon Monday!) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

sports goals: 5 swims, at least two rides, bike more miles than I run, day off from running

Sport goals this week are the same as last week. I rode this morning so right now I'm up on the bike miles ;-)
Work goal is to get another paper submitted (the other one from my dissertation - it's too long by exactly double).

I met all the sport goals, but not the paper goal. :-)
On Saturday I won a local 5k. It was 38* with 22 mph winds, which was wild. 24:02, had fun.

swam 5175 yds (5 swims), rode 50.5 miles (3 rides), ran 47.6 mi (6 runs).

goals this week - get my legs rested for a fast 10k on Saturday.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition (Marathon Monday!) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the win! Those are some crazy conditions. Glad you had fun.

Usual week for me, not enough training, too much work and knee pain. Super frustrating.

Question for the class. Do any of you use paddles for swimming? And/or have a recommendation for beginner-friendly paddles? I can't kick right now, so I'm exploring my options. I've heard lots of opinions both ways on whether they are good or bad for swimmers.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition (Marathon Monday!) [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the congrats.

I do not use paddles. If you get some, start small.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens! Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

My goals last week were:

Quote:
I'm going to do my missed swim this week so if I'm ambitious I'll get 4 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, PT, and yoga this week.

I had a solid week. I swam four times and met all my other goals. I also transitioned to training with power, setup a home trainer, talked to more coaches, got a bike fit, and got a funny looking aero helmet. My runs are feeling like runs, mid-week ocean swimming starts up again this week, and I'm hoping to return to strength training this week or next. Things are looking up :D

I'm not going to race a 70.3 before Victoria so I'm poking around for a local Olympic.

I hope everyone has a great week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the win, Dr. Tigerchik.

Midtown, I use Finis' Freestyler Paddle for technique. It's not for strength/resistance but for improving extension and literally falls off my hand when my stroke is crummy.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the win! Is the 10k on Saturday a race?

My week went well last week. Managed all my sessions but by the time I got to the weekend I was STARVING. I think I ate everything in sight for two days. Hoping to manage the fuelling a bit better this week.

Friday is our anniversary - 15 years! (I feel kind of old.)

Plan for this week:

M: swim (done) + run (done) + mini strength (done)
T: trainer ride + physio
W: swim + run
Th: trainer ride + run brick
F: swim + run
S: rest
S: trainer ride + mini strength.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Women!

Hurray US Women in Boston. Wow. What a miserable looking run. I would have stayed home. Of course, I'll never be fast enough to ever BQ so I just watch from the computer.

I use the same paddles as SoCal. And I never kick. Kicking is the worst. I just can't.

Last week:
Pool Swim x3
Zwift x1
10 mile run x1

Tomorrow is the last day of tax season. OMG I'm so ready to be done. UGH. Worse tax season ever. Fatter, older, and completely not ready for Wildflower (70.3). Oh well! Only 19 days left to train so I guess I'll give it a go and then do a 3 day taper. Haha. We'll see if my 3x swim, 1-2x bike, and 1x run each week for the last 3 months will pay off in any way.

I'm heading out into the Mountains Wednesday for a few days of backpacking and to disconnect from civilization. See you all on the other side!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 16 Edition (Marathon Monday!) [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
Midtown, I use Finis' Freestyler Paddle for technique. It's not for strength/resistance but for improving extension and literally falls off my hand when my stroke is crummy.
Thank you, this is definitely what I need -- an idiot-proof paddle! haha

Luckily my boss is also a runner so I was able to watch the end of the women's race yesterday. Incredible! She trains not far from me, so it was fun to have a local-ish runner in the news.

Congrats to all of you celebrating anniversaries, the end of tax season, and good training weeks. =)

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply