Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Singapore
Quote | Reply
Good evening folks. I am looking for some info on the local cycling scene, routes in and around Singapore. I will be visiting for a month in June/July.

Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
Good evening folks. I am looking for some info on the local cycling scene, routes in and around Singapore. I will be visiting for a month in June/July.

Thank you

Firstly roads in Singapore are very very crowded, small island
There are 2 popular routes that cyclist use, the Kranji look and Round the Island
I would suggest jumping on a group that starts in the morning, its hard to explain the route as it is not one straight one. where you from? ANZA is popular with the expat community with plenty of rides, you will make friends

https://anza.org.sg/sports/cycling/
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadian, going there for business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
Canadian, going there for business.

You will be fine with ANZA, always a coffee at the end! Enjoy Singers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know what time they start in the am?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few rides depending on speed, its always early in the morning to beat the heat and traffic. Should be on the web page....hope u are not looking for pro hours!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
before work hours and/or evening
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not many ride in the evenings..
Before work for sure
There is a great cycling studio with power bikes in singapore call athele lab if u want an evening spin. Not sure where in canada u from but similiar to the powerwatts chain
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year you’d find nice size groups roll out early mornings headed North on Upper Thomson. Usually meet up in front of Pacamara coffee shop. 2-3 hours at solid speed. But with the new UT line going in I have no idea if it’s still an option. I’d call The Bike Shop there just North of Marymount and ask opinions.

Getting in before anyone else.... your best beer option post-ride is a $4 Anchor Strong tallboy found in markets

Cheers
CC
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chiro,

I am assuming north to Malaysia? Als is the UT line a LRT? Great to know about the beer, I will certainly do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
North up around Sembawang - Woodlands then back down around Seletar. You can't cross the causeway into Malaysia on bike. And no, the new Upper Thomson line will be a full MRT running from Woodlands into Orchard then out to East Coast Park.

I'll check with my old flatmate who still lives and rides regularly there what he's up to these days, then get back to ya.

Cheers
CC
Quote Reply
Re: Singapore [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiroCowboy wrote:
You can't cross the causeway into Malaysia on bike.

Not true - you cross on a bike at Woodlands not Tuas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey to temple, check your email

CC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
titemple652 wrote:
before work hours and/or evening

While you are there, it is worth going to Bintan to ride as well, its an hour ferry trip away and quite popular...little traffic, what a relief after you experience riding in Singapore. The terrain is also more interesting as it is undulating vs pan flat in Singers
Enjoy your experience
Quote Reply