Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is ESPN Doing?
Quote | Reply
Recently they have switched morning programming to have GetUp on ESPN and First Take on ESPN2 at 7AM. What is the logic of having two talk shows competing with each other? They used to have Sportcenter on at 7AM, which is prime morning viewing. No way am I watching either of those crap talk shows. I guess TV is off in the morning now.
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You still have cable?
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

Yeah, have lots of interests and watch some obscure channels but its on my to do list to figure out how to cancel and still get those channels. Sportscenter is mainly for my kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

Some of us have families that don't tolerate inconvenience -- especially those inconveniences from crazy schemes proposed by notorious cheapskates.
Last edited by: SH: Apr 13, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

Yeah, have lots of interests and watch some obscure channels but its on my to do list to figure out how to cancel and still get those channels. Sportscenter is mainly for my kids.

I have fond memories of 90's SportCenter back in college. I'd get back from my 5AM practices and watch it over breakfast with my teammates. The young Eisen, Patrick, Scott, Olbermann were fun to watch. I tailed off in the 2000's though and probably haven't seen it in over a decade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

I have fond memories of 90's SportCenter back in college. I'd get back from my 5AM practices and watch it over breakfast with my teammates. The young Eisen, Patrick, Scott, Olbermann were fun to watch. I tailed off in the 2000's though and probably haven't seen it in over a decade.

Its a good incentive for my kids to get ready in the morning so they can watch 15 minutes before school. And for a network that is losing eyeballs I'm curious as to the thinking of putting 2 of the same shows against each other at prime morning viewing time. Bizarre.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
I'm curious as to the thinking of putting 2 of the same shows against each other at prime morning viewing time. Bizarre.

Yeah, you're right, they're effectively sabotaging both shows by splitting them and forcing the professional ESPN watcher to choose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

What does watching espn and espn 2 have to do with having Cable, lots of streaming services provide those channels.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

What does watching espn and espn 2 have to do with having Cable, lots of streaming services provide those channels.

Fair enough - they weren't streaming when I last looked which might have been around 2012. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

Fair enough - they weren't streaming when I last looked which might have been around 2012. :)

Suppose.tv

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Recently they have switched morning programming to have GetUp on ESPN and First Take on ESPN2 at 7AM. What is the logic of having two talk shows competing with each other? They used to have Sportcenter on at 7AM, which is prime morning viewing. No way am I watching either of those crap talk shows. I guess TV is off in the morning now.

And they started a subscription service called ESPN+ and moved ESPNFC the only ESPN show I like there. At least for now their Podcasts are still available.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Its a good incentive for my kids to get ready in the morning so they can watch 15 minutes before school. And for a network that is losing eyeballs I'm curious as to the thinking of putting 2 of the same shows against each other at prime morning viewing time. Bizarre.

Maybe they're hedging their bets or hoping that viewers find one show they like. I'd rather listen to local sports radio or watch Fox sports.
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

And they started a subscription service called ESPN+ and moved ESPNFC the only ESPN show I like there. At least for now their Podcasts are still available.

ESPNFC is a channel? I thought it was just what they called their main soccer website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Billabong wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

ESPNFC is a channel? I thought it was just what they called their main soccer website.

It is their show that was on at 6 ET on ESPN News, now on their subscription channel

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

Some of us have families that don't tolerate inconvenience -- especially those inconveniences from crazy schemes proposed by notorious cheapskates.

We prefer the term frugal. Also, as long as the kids have Amazon and Netflix they are good to go.
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
SH wrote:
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

We prefer the term frugal. Also, as long as the kids have Amazon and Netflix they are good to go.

I prefer the term frugal too. =)

And "Capt. Planet Saver". That's what I call myself when I turn down the heat in the winter, and turn down the A/C in the summer. =)
Last edited by: SH: Apr 16, 18 9:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
You still have cable?

How Presidential of him

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

When you live in the Communist Left Coast, these are the burdens you must bear.

For those of us in God's Country, Get Up comes on live at 6AM on ESPN with First Take following live at 9AM.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

For those of us in God's Country, Get Up comes on live at 6AM on ESPN with First Take following live at 9AM.

So, your position is ESPN is purposely ignoring entire States, much the same way Hillary ignored Wisconsin? They think ratings from the Right coast and God's country is enough?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

So, your position is ESPN is purposely ignoring entire States, much the same way Hillary ignored Wisconsin? They think ratings from the Right coast and God's country is enough?

Apparently. No one gives a shit about you Commies.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing they are not doing is attracting viewers. Numbers for Get Up are getting down.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: What is ESPN Doing? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
One thing they are not doing is attracting viewers. Numbers for Get Up are getting down.

I looked again this morning and same deal, GetUp and First Take on at 7. Baffling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only redeeming thing about Mike Greenberg on air was Golic being able to make fun of him every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're forgetting Golic and Wingo on ESPN News at the same time as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think having Michelle Beadle on a show called Get Up! is amusingly ironic

https://deadspin.com/...s-espn-wants-to-know

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply