Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have printed carbon infused filament mounts for the TriRig bars to adapt to the bottle. Totally worth it. A P5 with that bottle out front is great. Did a test fit on an Omni that looked promising as well.

I am considering one more mount for the Ventus II bars. That would get me 5 bikes that are Aeria compatible. I own one Aeria stem, on a Softride with Alpha Classic bars. That is a slick setup. It is indeed a tank.

I don't think I would screw with the Shiv stem. Not for safety reasons, but just difficulty of execution.

I also would not mount the lid to the TriRig BTA mount. The whole lid is only held to the bottle with a small bolt and nut, which could easy pull out. When full, that isnt safe.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chicanery, did you print the filament mounts yourself? I am trying to attach the aeria bottle to my BMC and looking for suggestions. Please let me know. Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [BoomerRocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Designed specifically for the TriRig Alpha X though, which probably isn't that helpful for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pictures of the setup?
I also have the Alpha X and would be interested in the filaments!
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also interested in these. I have a Shiv with Tririg bars and would like to attach an Aeria hydration system.
Last edited by: nockee: Jan 9, 20 8:41
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will get some pictures in here this weekend.

It's a 2 part system - one part below that that attaches to the underside of the bars with a bolt through the stem area, and then another part up top that attaches to the lid to keep the whole thing from sliding forward. You'd have to fill in the sides around the stem area yourself, as I have not dealt with anything there that would be reusable.

It wouldn't be too big of a deal for me to print up a couple of sets of these if folks are interested, although I will have to move a ton of camera equipment off my print bed :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind sharing the print files?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it would be a lot easier to just share them here for those of you who are capable of printing and then sorting out whatever other fitment issues arise.

Here are some photos of the bottom section:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/J4BbD3ZA9Wo2Xp9i6

I cant find any photos of the top.

Might take me a day or two to find the final iterations of the designs, but I can post some STLs here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you had a chance to find the STL files?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've build a new computer since then, and while I have a monster external disk array that I keep most things on, none of my searches are bringing up those files.

I left the main disk from that machine in tact, so I will most likely just have to mount it in an external enclosure and check it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a few minutes before I left for work this morning, so I slid the old SSD into an enclosure.
Plugged it in, and a directory structure popped up
Went to help one of my kids get shoes on.
Came back, no directory structure, and the disk isn't showing up anymore.
Not sure if it's the enclosure or the disk. Will need more time to sort that.

But, I do have 3 of the main part printed, and one of the top pieces, so there's that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any luck?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not yet. Busy week, and waiting for a new enclosure. Maybe tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any luck?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got em.

PM me an email address.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interested in the printing file too. Please let me know if you still have it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Do you still have the stl file? I would like to print the filament mounts too.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Lucy Charles Shiv with Aeria Ultimate Hydration system [flying_dutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested in an STL file for the mount if it's still available.
Quote Reply

Prev Next