Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody gone from Romin to Power?
Quote | Reply
Specifically in a road bike position, curious how your experience was?

Romin has long been my saddle of choice, but I don't like the new design and some of my older ones are about due for replacement.

I've been spending more time on my cx bike lately w/ a Phenom, and going back to the road bike w/ a Romin isn't feeling as good as it used to.

Curious about the Power, especially for those that came from a Romin.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody gone from Romin to Power? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've been trying it out on my road bike (currently on the indoor trainer) for a few weeks now. The main impetus was that I frequently get numb-nuts on trainer rides longer than 1 hour, and I need to be training for longer than that. The power saddle clearly has a much larger cutout and supports my sit bones in different ways. So far, so good. I'm now able to ride over 2 hours on the trainer, not completly free of numbness, but better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes. I wont go back. Power 4 LIFE!

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Highly recommended coming from someone who bought the Power AFTER falling in love with the Phenom on my cx/commuter.

Previous road saddles of choice were Toupe and Romin (not Evo).

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody gone from Romin to Power? [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good stuff, thanks Kevin. Definitely love the Phenom for moving around & re-mounting (flatter profile than Romin) on cx & mtb. Just might be time to look at a Power.

The Power Arc is intriguing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try a Power and the Shimano Stealth saddle. Similar but some differences. I went with the Stealth, it just worked a little better for me but I could hop on a Power and be totally happy as well. I also like the integrated rear mounts (GoPro, number holder, fender) available for the Stealth.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody gone from Romin to Power? [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it and the Power just seemed to not hit me right.Went back to the Romin.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was a long time Romin user and own at least 4. I tried the Power and kinda liked it, but I sware there is only one position that works for me. I couldn't move around much at all. I ended up switching to the Hilo (not the new model). It is pretty narrow, but I like the deeper channel.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody gone from Romin to Power? [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim wrote:
I tried it and the Power just seemed to not hit me right.Went back to the Romin.

+1. The Romin evo just fits me right. I wish it had more of a cutout (which is why I tried the power).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm coming from a Toupe and am having mixed results. On my CX bike I love it but on my road bike.... hit and miss. I like to move my butt up and down the saddle on road rides, and the power does not give me the real estate to do so.

Sit bones are one thing to look at for saddles, but how you ride is also important.
Quote Reply