Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
BryanD wrote:
The amount of people on here who don't know who Dark Mark is makes me laugh.

Someone trying to re-capture the comedy of the early days of TRS, but only achieving low-grade Pubes status.

THIS.

They used to must listen on the long runs. Now, not so much.

Nothing lasts forever...
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Somebody is paying for it. That's obvious, he flies all over the place and has to eat. The question is whom, and then the editing takes time. If he's truly shooting Gwen and Rinny for free right now...there is an issue. Why? Because they are professionals and should pay for it.

Never work for free for a professional.

But as I said I like his stuff.

Well, like he's an aspiring youtube celebrity contributor. Looks like his vids have nearly 2.4 million views, and he may very well be a paid content provider. I don't follow youtube royalties closely but I know there are some making very, very good money off the platform.

He's certainly made a name for himself in triathlon in the last year so props to him.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi dark mark.

This is Talbot's assistant replying for him. The Best way to contact him is via mail. If you send a letter to him at this address. 3902 S Sheridan Rd, Tulsa, OK 74145 we will review it and get back with you.

Talbot makes money from his underground drug business ran by him and his drug lord / business partner Ben Hobbs out of Austin Texas.

Talbot is currently booked up for the rest of the year. We appreciate you reaching out.

sincerely,
anonymous
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody is paying for it. That's obvious, he flies all over the place and has to eat. The question is whom, and then the editing takes time. If he's truly shooting Gwen and Rinny for free right now...there is an issue. Why? Because they are professionals and should pay for it

It's called Content Marketing - Make some great content, typically video, that has a story line, with multiple episodes that, will keep people coming back and strategically sprinkle product/brand throughout so as not to be overwhelming. With regards to the Gwen Jorgensen Video's, my guess is Nike is involved at some level. With Lional Sanders - most likely Lionel's key sponsors - Garneau, Gatorade, & Skechers are in on those.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course. The product placement is all over the place.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Of course. The product placement is all over the place.
And some of the characters aren't even that good at selling them.

Regardless, Talbot is talented and will keep growing steady if he keeps it up - but his drone stuff needs work.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Dark Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dark Mark wrote:
hi guys. i would like talbot cox to make a video of one of my training days. i think it would help me get some sponsors

does anybody know how much he charges when he makes these videos

Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Somebody is paying for it. That's obvious, he flies all over the place and has to eat. The question is whom, and then the editing takes time. If he's truly shooting Gwen and Rinny for free right now...there is an issue. Why? Because they are professionals and should pay for it

It's called Content Marketing - Make some great content, typically video, that has a story line, with multiple episodes that, will keep people coming back and strategically sprinkle product/brand throughout so as not to be overwhelming. With regards to the Gwen Jorgensen Video's, my guess is Nike is involved at some level. With Lional Sanders - most likely Lionel's key sponsors - Garneau, Gatorade, & Skechers are in on those.

Isnt he on this site? Can't soemone just ask him.

BTW he does great work.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And some of the characters aren't even that good at selling them.

That's actually a key point - consumers don't want to be SOLD to these days. They want stories, and experiences. When they are directly sold to, they tend to shut down, and turn off!

The selling/marketing part of Content Media when done right is often quite subtle!

Last edited by: Fleck: Aug 8, 18 16:45
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

I admit to being one of those people. Is it worth a look? Is here an interesting story?
Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I admit to being one of those people. Is it worth a look? Is here an interesting story?

There was a time when Dark Mark and Ben Hobbs, possibly were the next big thing in triathlon media - they had a following, they had some backing, they had panache, they were funny. . but then I'm not sure what happened. It's all gone a bit . . . dark! :-)

Quote Reply
Re: how to get talbot cox to shoot a training day video for me [michaer27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michaer27 wrote:
BryanD wrote:

the only interesting thing about that story is that it originally began as a parody twitter account of andrew starykowicz. THAT was funny.
Quote Reply

Prev Next