Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beard swim caps and magnificent handlebar mustaches
Quote | Reply
In the spirit of Friday the 13th I think I'll ask some odd but legit questions today. Has anyone ever tried a bead swim cap? My bead is getting longer and I have a magnificent handlbar mustache. It droops into my mouth while swimming. Any suggestions from fellow handlebar men would be helpful.

https://mashable.com/...beards/#CduyygwrCiqz

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Beard swim caps and magnificent handlebar mustaches [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a bearded man I'd pass on this out of principle alone. I'd never cover the beard...even if it costs me seconds! But - there's freedom!
Quote Reply
Re: Beard swim caps and magnificent handlebar mustaches [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
In the spirit of Friday the 13th I think I'll ask some odd but legit questions today. Has anyone ever tried a bead swim cap? My bead is getting longer and I have a magnificent handlbar mustache. It droops into my mouth while swimming. Any suggestions from fellow handlebar men would be helpful.

While I question the common sense of swimmers with big beards (with all that trapped moisture, is the fungus growing in there green or colorless?), I hope you at least have the good sense to wear goggles when you swim, unlike the subject of that article.
Quote Reply
Re: Beard swim caps and magnificent handlebar mustaches [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T-wrecks wrote:
Jloewe wrote:

While I question the common sense of swimmers with big beards (with all that trapped moisture, is the fungus growing in there green or colorless?), I hope you at least have the good sense to wear goggles when you swim, unlike the subject of that article.

Yes other than the magnificent handlebar mustache I'm a pretty standard triathlete. Aerobars, aging Giro A2 I should probably replace for safety sake, open water swim goggles, full sleeve wetsuit.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think I saw that posted somewhere a year or 2 ago, and thought it was one of the stupider things I had seen. I know I would not wear it. I usually trim the beard before a race, especially if I have noticed the feeling of it dragging in the pool. I may trim the beard buy no way will I shave the rest of me :-p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona should have a beard category. For the dudes anyway.

To be eligible an athlete has to also do his KQ with the beard and maintain it through to Kona. No bearding up just for race day.

Legacy athletes could also eligible to contest the category, provided they complete at least 12 of their previous IM races with a beard.

Would be a good looking podium at presentation.
Quote Reply
Re: Beard swim caps and magnificent handlebar mustaches [satanellus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
satanellus wrote:
Kona should have a beard category. For the dudes anyway.

To be eligible an athlete has to also do his KQ with the beard and maintain it through to Kona. No bearding up just for race day.

Legacy athletes could also eligible to contest the category, provided they complete at least 12 of their previous IM races with a beard.

Would be a good looking podium at presentation.

👆ðŸ‘
Quote Reply