Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Create Zwift group workouts??
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to create a zwift group workout for you and your friends?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked into it a while back, it’s somewhat convoluted, and requires making it public etc...would have to dig around to find it all again...but essentially it’s not easy lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Is there a way to create a zwift group workout for you and your friends?

Probably not. Though I'm reading into a lot of what you are likely asking because all group workouts on Zwift flow through me. I'm happy to give you the formal answer, but if you just want to make a group workout so that you and your friends can do a workout "rubberbanded" together, that's not something that's currently possible.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Apr 12, 18 9:24
Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This would be a really awesome feature to have. It would bring Zwift into a whole new level.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
This would be a really awesome feature to have. It would bring Zwift into a whole new level.

It would be a fun feature and I would probably use it sometimes, but the problem is those group workout rides go so slow. Way slower than you would normally be riding if you were on your own. I think I read somewhere that they slow down the group workout rides so no one gets PRs on any of the segments. Some people care about miles ridden or mph, I'm not necessarily one of them, but if it was a little more realistic on speed that would be nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely no way to do private group workouts, Ike Jordan said. It is something that the Zwift community has been asking Zwift to develop for a long time. No idea when/if that will ever come to fruition, but it would be awesome.

As for the speed and distance of the group workouts, I am still baffled why that is an issue. If you are riding on Zwift, you are using some type of power for training, whether that be a power meter, smart trainer, or zPower. What matters is intensity for duration, not speed or distance. Otherwise, I would have a “better” workout indicator were I to ride downhill at 30 MPH for 45 minutes at an 8 percent grade than climbing that same grade for 45 minutes.

I know you said that you don’t focus on it jpay, so not criticizing you. I have seen that complaint over and over, though on other forums. Absolutely ridiculous logic. Anyway, Jordan, we would LOVE the private workout feature or some mechanism to invite a friend to join you that creates the same rubber band effect.

https://www.endurancelab.fit
https://www.teamodz.com
https://discuss.endurancelab.fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be more interested in private group rides than workouts, but both options would be good.
I often ride with friends on Zwift. Sometimes together and sometimes in our own little races. It's harder than I'd like to keep track of each other when sharing the "roads" with thousands of other Zwifters. There's a few options that would make this situation much easier:
  1. Provide the ability to restrict who else you can see to your own companions. Everything else would be as normal. No scheduled starts or locked-in routes/times. This is the method I normally use now by the back door, using a non scheduled world so there's only a handful of others using it.
  2. See everyone on the road but limit the rider list on the right of screen to just your companions, like on the current group rides.
  3. Allow anyone and everyone set up their own private group rides that function the same as the current public ones but don't appear on the public "Events" list - It would be invitation only.

Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I'd be more interested in private group rides than workouts, but both options would be good.

I often ride with friends on Zwift. Sometimes together and sometimes in our own little races. It's harder than I'd like to keep track of each other when sharing the "roads" with thousands of other Zwifters. There's a few options that would make this situation much easier:

1. Provide the ability to restrict who else you can see to your own companions. Everything else would be as normal. No scheduled starts or locked-in routes/times. This is the method I normally use now by the back door, using a non scheduled world so there's only a handful of others using it.
  2. See everyone on the road but limit the rider list on the right of screen to just your companions, like on the current group rides.
  3. Allow anyone and everyone set up their own private group rides that function the same as the current public ones but don't appear on the public "Events" list - It would be invitation only.

One option for riding with friends is to agree before the ride to use an alternate "world" where there would be less chance of so many riders.

https://zwiftinsider.com/world-tag/

Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [mvnsnd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvnsnd wrote:
Ai_1 wrote:

One option for riding with friends is to agree before the ride to use an alternate "world" where there would be less chance of so many riders.

https://zwiftinsider.com/world-tag/

Yeah, that's what we currently do most if the time. See item 1 above!
Quote Reply
Re: Create Zwift group workouts?? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And...what is the formal answer?
Quote Reply