Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride?
Quote | Reply
Someone was trying to claim a 60 second aero penalty for a 70.3 event while wearing tight latex gloves?

Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great idea! I'm not buying the ears penalty thing either.
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Seems a bit extreme. Who said it was 60 seconds? Fwiw, latex gloves can really add some warmth and are easily disposable at an aid-station.

I would rather not mention the pro's name but this American pro raced this past weekend where it was cold.
Last edited by: Billyk24: Apr 10, 18 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Cold weather, wearing/using latex gloves and having a 60 sec aero penalty for 70.3 ride? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If tight, I'd think they would actually be faster. Otherwise aero gloves wouldn't seem to add much and at least some data says they are faster than bare skin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
Great idea! I'm not buying the ears penalty thing either.

Was someone taping back their ears?

Ha. I wrote it on my phone and the moron software programmers who devised autocorrrect (an oxymoron if there ever was one) changed aero to ears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Seems a bit extreme. Who said it was 60 seconds? Fwiw, latex gloves can really add some warmth and are easily disposable at an aid-station.

I would rather not mention the pro's name but this American pro raced this past weekend where it was cold.

It sounds more like they are making excuses for a performance that was sub-optimal. Whenever I hear something like this, I always first remember that all racers are on the same course on the same day dealing with the same exact things. My excuse is that I just suck more than the multitudes who beat me.

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
stephenj wrote:
Billyk24 wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

It sounds more like they are making excuses for a performance that was sub-optimal. Whenever I hear something like this, I always first remember that all racers are on the same course on the same day dealing with the same exact things. My excuse is that I just suck more than the multitudes who beat me.

Stephen J

The performance by this pro was not sub-optimal. There was numerous complaints from these pros of struggling in T2 due to cold/frozen fingers, yet a simple and cheap fix was ignored.
Quote Reply