Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

B14 vs Speedmax CF 7.0
Quote | Reply
So - I broke my tibia and I am out for a bit (thank a boat trailer, slippery ramp, and then running on it after)

Browsing new bikes. I am not quick enough to cost benefit the $6000 bikes.

So the B14 and Speexmax CF 7.0 are on my short list.
problem: they do not have my size currently in the Speexmax and after everything it is $2600 bucks. No local bike shop since it is direct ordering. The B14 is at the local bike shop for $1900. I get the benefits of the local bike shop. Storage is way better on speedmax and just looks a heck of a lot cleaner. The B14 has Ultegra and the Speedmax has 105s.

Is there a way to clean up the front end of a B14? Get rid of that sloppy cable mess? Also is there a type of storage option I do not know about that will fit right behind the bars such as the Felt IA and the speedmax has? I have OCD and do not like sloppy - but I am also impatient and the less money I spend the better. I do not finance. Just cash.

Ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: B14 vs Speedmax CF 7.0 [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a B14 and put a Speedpack 483 on the toptube, and it works great.
http://darkspeedworks.com/sp483.htm
Quote Reply
Re: B14 vs Speedmax CF 7.0 [TheMan232] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheMan232 wrote:
I have a B14 and put a Speedpack 483 on the toptube, and it works great.
http://darkspeedworks.com/sp483.htm

Would something like the profile design ATTK IC fit on a B14? Id have no problem drilling/inserting fitting into the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am also looking for top tube storage, and considering the torhans bentox and the ATTK, but I want something which will blend with the tube without a big gap or sticking out the sides, if neither one of these works I will probably 3d print my own.

Probably not the solution you are looking for to clean the cables, but an Alpha X and Di2 will do wonders cleaning the front end.

Last edited by: Art M.: Apr 10, 18 11:45
Quote Reply
Re: B14 vs Speedmax CF 7.0 [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art M. wrote:
I am also looking for top tube storage, and considering the torhans bentox and the ATTK, but I want something which will blend with the tube without a big gap or sticking out the sides, if neither one of these works I will probably 3d print my own.

Probably not the solution you are looking for to clean the cables, but an Alpha X and Di2 will do wonders cleaning the front end.

Nice rig! I saw a build from TriRig and he used the Sigma X stem that looked to clean it up really well. Least in his build. it was the B2 I think. he also had a picture of the Torhans bento on a B2 and it looked fairly nice. I wonder if a 3D printing shop would make something for fairly cheap for storage..?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is $1900 the final price on that B14? I got a B12 in 2015 for $1999 and that was just before the IA came out (realize it was a hell of a deal at the time, but with the IA series out, I'd think deals could be had on B series).

And have you shopped hard for the IA16? You might be able to get one for around that $2600 price of the Canyon. Maybe last years model. That's a possibility for me after this year. I already have wheels and some other upgrades, so I think I could make a pretty nice ride out of the IA16. Although I'll likely be tempted by the Canyon as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
I have access to a 3d printer at very reasonable rates, just need to come up with the design. I seen several builds with the torhans but I don't like how it looks on some bikes. For example this cervelo is great, but I hate how it fits on the trek.
I want to get one to try, and if it looks anything like the second pic, I'll give it a shot printing my own.

Last edited by: Art M.: Apr 10, 18 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: B14 vs Speedmax CF 7.0 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Is $1900 the final price on that B14? I got a B12 in 2015 for $1999 and that was just before the IA came out (realize it was a hell of a deal at the time, but with the IA series out, I'd think deals could be had on B series).

And have you shopped hard for the IA16? You might be able to get one for around that $2600 price of the Canyon. Maybe last years model. That's a possibility for me after this year. I already have wheels and some other upgrades, so I think I could make a pretty nice ride out of the IA16. Although I'll likely be tempted by the Canyon as well.

Yea it is $1999 final price. They do have the IA 14 2016 model for $3000 though. Im really tempted on that. Just wanted to stay around $2G and not $3G.

I was going to stop in today and see what deals they could work.

Art - if I end up with the B14 and you end up printing a solid box - I would totally buy one off you haha
Quote Reply