Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt Bayonet 1 Stem help
Quote | Reply
I've picked up a 2008 Felt B2 with a damaged (bent) base bar. Noticed that the base bar diameter was 26 mm, and didn't come across any base bars in that diameter that also had flat grips (instead of the up-turned grips that the stock Vision bars have), so I decided to change the stem for a 31.8 mm clamp Bayonet 2/3 from Felt. Didn't realize that the Bayonet 1 has a 36 spline hinge, while the Bayonet 2/3 has 45 splines. I would like to use the 31.8 mm base bar I've got with this bike, but I can't find a stem compatible with the 36 spline hinge and the 31.8 mm base bar diameter. I read about as a Bayonet SL top crown that had a 45 spline hinge, but I can't find one of those either. I found an old 2010 thread about this topic but wasn't able to find any thing based on the information there.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a 31.8 mm diameter base bar mounted on this bike or any suggestions for a flat grip 26 mm diameter base bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 1 Stem help [jpaulray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpaulray wrote:
I've picked up a 2008 Felt B2 with a damaged (bent) base bar. Noticed that the base bar diameter was 26 mm, and didn't come across any base bars in that diameter that also had flat grips (instead of the up-turned grips that the stock Vision bars have), so I decided to change the stem for a 31.8 mm clamp Bayonet 2/3 from Felt. Didn't realize that the Bayonet 1 has a 36 spline hinge, while the Bayonet 2/3 has 45 splines. I would like to use the 31.8 mm base bar I've got with this bike, but I can't find a stem compatible with the 36 spline hinge and the 31.8 mm base bar diameter. I read about as a Bayonet SL top crown that had a 45 spline hinge, but I can't find one of those either. I found an old 2010 thread about this topic but wasn't able to find any thing based on the information there.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a 31.8 mm diameter base bar mounted on this bike or any suggestions for a flat grip 26 mm diameter base bar?

Are you in the USA? Did you contact Felt?

There's a PRO adjustable stem that uses the 36 spline interface made by the same company but you'll really prefer to have the Bay2 top crown as it is far superior from all fork contact points, adjustability and longevity.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Felt Bayonet 1 Stem help [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I've been living in China for work, the B2 is still there, but I'll be bringing it back next trip. I ended up buying an overpriced Vision 26mm dia. basebar that I don't love, but works. I contacted Felt, but being overseas was a problem. They can get the parts for me, so I might swap over when I get the bike back to the US. Thanks again, Dave!
Quote Reply