Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Is Frodeno still vegetarian/vegan or which ever diet he had changed to pre-Kona last year?

No idea, but he clearly looked bulkier at Oceanside and it didn't hurt him a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interesting to see if he’s put some weight on, i thought he was looking gaunt last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's totally right cement bottle. I noticed that. He went straight to Ben Kanute to congratulate him on how he raced from the front the whole race and didn't say a word to Gomez at least in that moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Alistair Brownlee racing Kona this year? I guess not since no one is talking about him.......

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely spot on Dev. A page out of Macca's book. He's been sucking up to an uber swimmer and strong biker like Amberger and firing up the likes of Lionel whom he knows will put it all out there but blow to pieces eventually on the run in Kona and he ultimately has a better chance at another win.

Now that is a very smart and very professional guy.....nice work by Jan in my view. Play to the massive ego's of the likes of Amberger and co to have them has cannon fodder.

devashish_paul wrote:
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

"You pushed me to my limit! Thank you for making me search for it! @lsanderstri has become one of the few guys that shapes the way every race unfolds and even I can’t help be a fan of the way he goes about it. Until next time! 📷 @fx_makesapicture"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXb3MoHpke/

All you guys are missing what Frodo is doing. What he did was recruited Lionel (along with Wurf and Kienle) to gang up with him on Lange and Gomez. He should also have Amberger and Starky helping out in this master plan. Except, none of these guys even realize that Frodo just recruited them and will get sucked into towing Frodo along in Kona. Frodo just pulled the ultimate Macca move, like recruiting Marino, Faris and Tissink to tow him around the QueenK and come out of T2 with a massive lead on Crowie at Kona 2010....and then be the best runner out of the train of bike studs.

See what Frodo just did? He knows he can't outrun Lange, so he's duped the stud cyclists to pull him to T2 at Kona and being the best runner out of the stud cyclist group he has the best cards out of T2. This just genius. Mission accomplished at Oceanside.

Frodo is going to just ride with Amberger and make sure Lange gets dropped, and wait for Kienle, Starky, Sanders and crew to show up and then drop the hammer once again. The goal is to have the max lead on Lange while burning the least possible kilojoules to T2.

Someone can superdave this thread when this happens in Kona in October.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [TriZoeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Frodeno is going into the head of his challengner and into Lionels in particular. But I guess it is not to build an alliance as the uberbikers don't need any further firing up to go to the front and drill the pace. They will do that anyway. But I think Frodeno plays with his opponents by making them race too aggressively. Sanders will go into Kona ubermotivated and then, at one point, he will drill it just a little bit too far and burn too many matches. Racing an anger makes you do silly things, escpecially in an eight hour conservation race that can have desastrous effects.

Anyway, I like how the strong bikers are bringing great dynamics into the race. But I also think that the Lange approach with sit and wait will prevail in the long run. There is a limit of how hard you can bike and still run fast enough off it. And some guys at the moment are not trying to get to the finishline as fast as possible (with individual exact pacing) but are overbiking to make others overbike even more. Thats racing. But at the end of the day, it's easier to come from behind and eat others up than to slowly starve away and fight against dying.

(About the Frodo weight: I too thought before Kona that he was very freaking lean and was not sure about power on the bike. But I am not sure how serious of a vegan/vegetarian he was. At the same time he joked around about it with Bob he posted a plate on instagram with a piece of salmon...)

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU guys bike pretty hard and run pretty fast as well... There is def tons of improvements to make in Kona, and the winners in the future will be the complete ITU athletes who swim front pack, bike sub 4:20 and the run 2:40s.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I think in similar ways. They will ride sub 4:20 and run fast off it. Some might go a bit faster, others slower depending on individual strength and tactics. But they will not ride close to 4 hours like some of the guys are approaching now. (Of course the uberbikers have no other option as they are usually weaker in the swim and run so they need to smash the bike.)

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did he attempt to make them gang up on Lange and Gomez, and how do you know his attempts were successful? Sounds a little imaginative to me. Besides, Wurf hates Frodeno.

devashish_paul wrote:
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

"You pushed me to my limit! Thank you for making me search for it! @lsanderstri has become one of the few guys that shapes the way every race unfolds and even I can’t help be a fan of the way he goes about it. Until next time! 📷 @fx_makesapicture"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXb3MoHpke/

All you guys are missing what Frodo is doing. What he did was recruited Lionel (along with Wurf and Kienle) to gang up with him on Lange and Gomez. He should also have Amberger and Starky helping out in this master plan. Except, none of these guys even realize that Frodo just recruited them and will get sucked into towing Frodo along in Kona. Frodo just pulled the ultimate Macca move, like recruiting Marino, Faris and Tissink to tow him around the QueenK and come out of T2 with a massive lead on Crowie at Kona 2010....and then be the best runner out of the train of bike studs.

See what Frodo just did? He knows he can't outrun Lange, so he's duped the stud cyclists to pull him to T2 at Kona and being the best runner out of the stud cyclist group he has the best cards out of T2. This just genius. Mission accomplished at Oceanside.

Frodo is going to just ride with Amberger and make sure Lange gets dropped, and wait for Kienle, Starky, Sanders and crew to show up and then drop the hammer once again. The goal is to have the max lead on Lange while burning the least possible kilojoules to T2.

Someone can superdave this thread when this happens in Kona in October.

Dev

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Last edited by: domingjm: Apr 13, 18 14:00
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, Wurf will not tow Frodeno along as i also get the impression that he hates him.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 but I think he just goes off the front as is his MO, with no one in tow.
Quote Reply

Prev Next