Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt IA armrest slippage.
Quote | Reply
Today, my right armrest suddenly slipped around the extension, to almost vertical position!
Luckily, I was on the turbo. I almost fell off, into my fan.
I'm using carbon extensions, and have applied CF paste on the clamped area. The clamps are torqued to 6Nm, as per the decals on them, yet I noticed just now, whilst reading this thread, that the latest instruction for the Riser clamps also says 7NM for armrests.

Previously, the armrests have occasionally slipped very slightly/ slowly on very rough roads, but not as suddenly as today's incident.
I'm wary of using too much torque as I don't want to crack the carbon extensions, but, I don't want the clamp slipping while out on the road, as I could have easily fallen into the path of a car today.
Anyone else have issues with the arm rest clamps?

Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA armrest slippage. [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you on a Devox bar or Bayonet 3? (Assuming the clamps and hardware are different between the two.)

I only had my pad rotate once on my Bayonet 3 base bar. But, that was after I had removed and reinstalled the clamps and failed to torque correctly. After I re-torqued, it never slipped again.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA armrest slippage. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the Bayonet 3's.
I did think I'd sorted it, by increasing torque slightly, but just changed my extensions and although I used carbon paste, the slipped quite violently!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA armrest slippage. [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the issue in the past, but not for awhile. I make extra sure they are torqued to 6nm if not a bit more
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Apr 9, 18 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA armrest slippage. [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
I have had the issue in the past, but not for awhile. I make extra sure they are torques to 6 if not a bit more

Mine is a little over 6Nm, but I now read it should be 7Nm!...
I may try a little grease on the bolts, to see if they torque better.
Quote Reply