Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Bling
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else notice that IM (at least 70.3) races are creating cookie-cutter square-shaped medals this year and think they're garbage? I liked the unique types and shapes of medals designed by, presumably, the individual race directors... Thoughts?
Last edited by: toastygloveman: Apr 9, 18 13:17
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bling [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meh

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least the bags don't suck this year....
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bling [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
globetrotterjon wrote:
At least the bags don't suck this year....

Yep, got rid of that bag problem real easy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the FL 70.3 medal from yesterday is very nice, much better than the ones I have from 2007, 2008 and 2009 ... toss up with my 2015 medal from that venue. So no, I don't agree. The medal was the best SWAG...A+. The 2018 lightweight backpack is unique... B+. The tshirt rates a C. The cheap finishers hat gets a D ... not even embroidered any more.

Some years ago all NA IM medals were identical except name and date. Those were truly cookie cutter and they reversed course after valid criticism.

BTW - my wife already unloaded the hat and shirt in her English class today. Kids had a rock, paper, scissors battle to take them. One man's garbage is another man's treasure.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Apr 9, 18 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bling [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny that you mention the hats. I actually still have a few hats from races 2008-2011 that I still wear (some on the trainer, some when I need to pull a cap on when going out). They are actually quality materials and have stood up over the years (they are all headswests products, I believe). I took a break from tri 2012-2016. Last year I came back, and the hats were literally garbage. Glad to see Ironman has managed to keep their costs down!!

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Bling [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the finisher T-shirts. They are comfy and soft to sleep in.
Quote Reply