Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowtwitch Hilly Vanilli - Move Back 1hr?
Quote | Reply
So UK & Europe are now on DST and I forgot to move the ride back the past 1 (2?) weeks. I'm thinking we want to.

Can folks please confirm if they would like it 1hr earlier, so same time it was before UK/EU shifted time for spring. Thanks.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Hilly Vanilli - Move Back 1hr? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would prefer the original (earlier) start. But I guess it would make sense to look at the average number of riders before and after the time change, and keep the time slot with the higher participation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This question was posed to all the riders last week at the end of the ride and people were asked to provide their thoughts or come on ST and comment if they had a strong opinion. In hindsight I don't know how many of the riders are actually active on ST so I probably should have provided more a baseline as to what was being asked of them. As a reference point during the first SZR workout I did someone asked what SZR stood for. It took 5-6 responses before someone actually got it right so Zwifters are joining workouts/rides even though they no reference to the group hosting the ride.

Not a lot of direct responses in ride but a few of first time riders voiced that they liked the ride but could only make it at the later time. Overall my sense it that there is no ideal time and we will just see a slightly different group depending on time.

The key question is what time works best to consistently have ride leaders. The leader last week did a great job and I don't see any reason why Dan and/or yourself need to be there, but I do think it helps to have someone to give the ride a bit of formal structure. As the summer gets going I imagine everyone will be spending less time on the turbo so the time should maximize the chance someone will be able to lead.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Hilly Vanilli - Move Back 1hr? [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there was a little discussion at the end of last weeks ride about time and I suggested anyone who wanted to have a say, or to volunteer as a leader should contact Jordan (Rappstar) or Dan (Slowman) on Slowtwitch. It's probably true that many aren't STers so unlikely they'll turn up here to comment.

A handful gave preferences and I think most wanted the later time, BUT, that's to be expected given that was during the later ride time so anyone who can't make that time wasn't there to tell us.

Dan queried the best time before the Hilly Vanilli ride was set up and I think most were okay with it as was initially which corresponded with 18:35 local time in UK/Ireland, 19:35 local time for Western Europe, and 19:35 for central/Eastern Europe. I did notice most riders last week were US and UK. I think we lost a lot of western EU with the later time.

I suggest moving the time back an hour. It suits me better personally and I think it suits most who've commented on ST before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I'm delighted that you haven't moved it back yet because it means I can join... was hoping to this week, subject to my recovery from Paris-Roubaix this weekend. I also made the point on the other thread that I might not be alone... 18:35 in the UK is probably a bit before kid's bed time for a lot of Dads. My kids are not in bed until after 19:00; I have a fighting chance of making 19:35 but wouldn't be able to join an hour earlier because I'm helping put my kids to bed. Doubt I'm on my own in that, but I seem to be the only person vocal about it :-). Further east into the mainland, they are already a bit later in the day so less of a problem... probably more of a thing in the UK.

If it was regularly at a time I could make I would be happy to go on a list of potential leaders, riding the group C power is ok for me.

But having written that, I'm seeing another poster who finds it worse... so you'll probably be unable to look after everybody's needs. Perhaps a poll?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Hilly Vanilli - Move Back 1hr? [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see on Zwift Events that this evening's Hilly Vanilli is back to the original time, at least for those in northern hemisphere with daylight savings. So it's at 18:35hrs in Ireland/UK (GMT+1), and 19:35 Central European Time (GMT+2).

Jordan - I'm still down as leader for C group. I expect I'll be available if needed, but can you just confirm if you'll be leading or I'm up again? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch Hilly Vanilli - Move Back 1hr? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
I see on Zwift Events that this evening's Hilly Vanilli is back to the original time, at least for those in northern hemisphere with daylight savings. So it's at 18:35hrs in Ireland/UK (GMT+1), and 19:35 Central European Time (GMT+2).

Jordan - I'm still down as leader for C group. I expect I'll be available if needed, but can you just confirm if you'll be leading or I'm up again? Thanks

Aidan, do you want to lead? I don't want to put it on your shoulders, but if you can, that would certainly help me out. It was always the intent that the "forum" would take over leading, but I also don't want to ask the same person to lead every week, unless that person actually enjoys it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good ride tonight. I'm happy to do from time to time. My schedule will likely get messy soon though so I won't be reliable in the long run.
Quote Reply