Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could have just ran with it on... that happened at junior worlds in 08 at Vancouver.
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
You’re splitting hairs. I’m not holding my breath for the outside assistance rule to be called in any situation with a competitor helping another one.

Baring something that is completely malicious or people acting as teams during a race they just aren’t going to call it.

Pretty sure it was called a year or two ago when one of the ladies gave her bike to a fellow competitor then retired from the race herself.

Don't remember the whos or the whys though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don’t disagree with you after all this is essentially the Chrissie rule that was put in place sometime after her first Kona.

But, I’m a compliance lawyer so had to point it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Don’t disagree with you after all this is essentially the Chrissie rule that was put in place sometime after her first Kona.

But, I’m a compliance lawyer so had to point it out.

The rule was applied at IMCDA 2012, Heather Wurtele being the recipient of it, for accepting a bike from another pro woman, after Wurtele had a mechanical on the bike course - https://wurtele.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/fail/

From what I remember, she was in second at about mile 21 of the run, when a race official asked told her to withdraw or face a 6 month suspension.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still didn't find out who pushed Antoine.

I am disappointed in you slowtwitch forum. Normally the witch hunt is top notch.

Harumph.
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody identified it as Starky in the Kanute AMA thread.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Pat0 [ In reply to ]
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it actually was him. Need a little more evidence than some random person on the AMA forum.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Pb [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by eganski [ In reply to ]
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Pb wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:
I doubt it actually was him. Need a little more evidence than some random person on the AMA forum.

Totally agree, I thought it was actually Kanute who mentioned Starky, in which case surely even the idea has zero credibility given Starkys doping comments. I love how because it’s ST there’s a few people who now ‘know’ who it was and are blaming Starky.

Perhaps I’m wrong, and fair play for doing an AMA but Kanute has never showed any remorse or decency about his doping other than the BS ‘blame it on the times’ type crap. I think in that situation you just need to accept that other competitors have a right to be pissed and you may never be seen as equal in their eyes. That’s just something you have to live with.

You're confusing Kanute and Weiss. Kanute is a young, beautiful, triathlon stud from Chicago (#maga). Weiss is a... doper.

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out, after I posted I began to wonder myself, thanks for the correction! I was wrong on literally all fronts there!!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Pat0 [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Pat0: Apr 14, 18 6:57
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Pat0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, deleted, the irony isn’t lost on my that I posted it in defence of someone we have literally zero evidence against and potentially propelled another total lie! The fact is that as yet ST do not know who the pusher was, yet I’m sure I’m not the only one who noticed at least one ‘it was starky’ comment off the back of one persons say so on the AMA.

As has already been said, it sounds like a very heat of the moment thing and if Antoine himself doesn’t think it was done maliciously then it seems obsurd to even try to pursue the identity of the ‘pusher’

Obviously my apologies to Ben Kanute for even mentioning his name in my comments related to doping. I was getting myself mixed up there with all of this last weeks race/podium talk!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Pb wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:

Totally agree, I thought it was actually Kanute who mentioned Starky, in which case surely even the idea has zero credibility given Starkys doping comments. I love how because it’s ST there’s a few people who now ‘know’ who it was and are blaming Starky.

Perhaps I’m wrong, and fair play for doing an AMA but Kanute has never showed any remorse or decency about his doping other than the BS ‘blame it on the times’ type crap. I think in that situation you just need to accept that other competitors have a right to be pissed and you may never be seen as equal in their eyes. That’s just something you have to live with.

You're confusing Kanute and Weiss. Kanute is a young, beautiful, triathlon stud from Chicago (#maga). Weiss is a... doper.

The other incorrect part about the post is that Kanute didn't say Starky was the pusher. That was user: ajthomas.
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I did actually correct that part in a second post but deleted both. You’re absolutely right though, Kanute did no wrongdoing OR accusing!
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Pb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing we can ALL agree on is that Kanute is a young, beautiful triathlon stud from Chicago. And his coach, Courtney B. Vance, is pretty studly too.

I'll delete my post that quotes your post. Let's 'catch and kill' all posts containing false or mistaken accusations about Baen Kanute.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
One thing we can ALL agree on is that Kanute is a young, beautiful triathlon stud from Chicago. And his coach, Courtney B. Vance, is pretty studly too.

I'll delete my post that quotes your post. Let's 'catch and kill' all posts containing false or mistaken accusations about Baen Kanute.

Good plan, would definitely hate to be the cause of any more misplaced accusations! I’ll be honest, I had to google him to find out what he looks like but the results speak for themselves. A stud indeed!
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
... and seek to have a civil conversation with the offender by announcing who it was.

Haha. This is is funny. I actually hope that Antoine jumps in here to try this. It would end up as a 400 post mess with everyone jumping in, temporary bans being handed out like candy, and Dave telling us how awesome his Velotron is.

Civil conversation??? On slowtwitch??? 😂😂😂
Quote Reply
Re: Who pushed @antoinejdtri at Texas 70.3? [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cry like a little thread was created for this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:

This post is why Slowtwitch needs a "like" feature.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply

Prev Next