Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug
Quote | Reply
If I remember correct it was something like "I knew she could run but who'd know she was such a good bike"?

I'm guessing Holly never followed ITU racing? I seem to remember 1 to 2 seasons there Anne was miles behind after the swim and bridged up to the front on the race on the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:
If I remember correct it was something like "I knew she could run but who'd know she was such a good bike"?

I'm guessing Holly never followed ITU racing? I seem to remember 1 to 2 seasons there Anne was miles behind after the swim and bridged up to the front on the race on the bike?

currently binge watching older seasons of ITU racing on the trainer and Anne Haug does that every race it seems, and then runs fast off the bike. She'll go far in 70.3 racing.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember her going through a period of short dominance, then she creamed in on one of the swims and never recovered (I may have just made that whole scenario up in my head)
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
newManUK wrote:

currently binge watching older seasons of ITU racing on the trainer and Anne Haug does that every race it seems, and then runs fast off the bike. She'll go far in 70.3 racing.

She is definitely one to watch in 2018. Makes her IM debut in Frankfurt, a match up with Ryf....
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
then she creamed in on one of the swims

Guess it's a sign I'm getting old as I have no idea what that means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:

you guess wrong. Holly used to race ITU as recently as 2014. She just wouldn't have been good enough to compete in many WTS events against Anne. She was more at conti cup level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we should all return to the most massive sized helmets we can get.

The first photo I saw of her in her Uvex lid I thought had somehow been exaggerated, but when I looked at more photos I realized it was not.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
newManUK wrote:

you guess wrong. Holly used to race ITU as recently as 2014. She just wouldn't have been good enough to compete in many WTS events against Anne. She was more at conti cup level.

So I guess right!

As another point it's funny that athletes that couldn't make it to the top level in ITU races are surprised when better short course athletes move into the longer distance and continue to beat them!

After the next Olympics, or when they don't get selected, I think we will see another crop of short course athletes come up to 70.3/IM and kick butt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
newManUK wrote:

So I guess right!

As another point it's funny that athletes that couldn't make it to the top level in ITU races are surprised when better short course athletes move into the longer distance and continue to beat them!

After the next Olympics, or when they don't get selected, I think we will see another crop of short course athletes come up to 70.3/IM and kick butt.

Can we move this comment back to 2000 right after the Sydney Olympics....why does this almost never pan out (I said almost never, there are a few good exceptions). You'll eventually find if you have not realized that generally a heavier lean athlete who may not do as well on pure foot speed in ITU is the one that shines at long course. Or the girls/guys come out of ITU into Ironman racing too late in their careers. It's not like Daniela Ryf was cleaning up against all the girls at ITU during her time there. There were faster girls who she beats consistently over long races.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
newManUK wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
newManUK wrote:

So I guess right!

Can we move this comment back to 2000 right after the Sydney Olympics....why does this almost never pan out (I said almost never, there are a few good exceptions). You'll eventually find if you have not realized that generally a heavier lean athlete who may not do as well on pure foot speed in ITU is the one that shines at long course. Or the girls/guys come out of ITU into Ironman racing too late in their careers. It's not like Daniela Ryf was cleaning up against all the girls at ITU during her time there. There were faster girls who she beats consistently over long races.

Sorry I couldn't disagree more. Daniela is a good example. Another short course athlete who is doing well in LC. Bit like Jan, Javier, Ben ... I think the main problem with SC athletes doing well is that the very best ones chase the Olympic dream that either they don't need to continue in the sport or leave it too long. If Mrs Spirig decided to race the 70.3 final this year do you think she would be worried about anybody?
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is going to be really interesting. Anne Haug is the real deal!

I am interested though why the jump in 2018 to LC? I can definitely see her contending for 70.3 World Champs this year whilst she builds the endurance for LC later on in her career. Would be really cool to hear her thoughts. Not sure if it is out there in some interview.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I remember her going through a period of short dominance, then she creamed in on one of the swims and never recovered (I may have just made that whole scenario up in my head)

There were issues with the German Federation / insisting on athletes being coached by Federation coaches. I heard from someone (I don't remember who now but would'a been one of the ITU girls) that she was getting pissed with being told what to do and just said fuck it. It was that time they were all going through the whole centralised model believing that some pen pusher knew better than the coaches/athletes who were already performing.

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
newManUK wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
newManUK wrote:

So I guess right!

that Patrick Lange guy and Craig Alexander are both huge....
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess Holly wasn’t as successful as I thought in ITU. Just one WTS and a Commonwealth Games mixed relay appearance.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
newManUK wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
newManUK wrote:

So I guess right!

Sorry I couldn't disagree more. Daniela is a good example. Another short course athlete who is doing well in LC. Bit like Jan, Javier, Ben ... I think the main problem with SC athletes doing well is that the very best ones chase the Olympic dream that either they don't need to continue in the sport or leave it too long. If Mrs Spirig decided to race the 70.3 final this year do you think she would be worried about anybody?

Has she done a 70.3 before? She has all the tools to be unstoppable, I asked her on Twitter last year but said she wasn't interested in going long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you asking if Nicola has done a 70.3?

http://trisutto.com/rocky-road-to-olympic-glory/

Last edited by: salmonsteve: Apr 9, 18 16:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:

All I have to say is watch this comparison of Lawrence and Haug running on Saturday. Wow just wow. The link is supposed to take you to 2:41 but isn't happening on my end so skip ahead.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Apr 9, 18 21:34
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One runner is applying force down while the other is focusing on driving their knees up.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to see Duffy do a 70.3, i think she’d crush everyone. She was signed up for Thailand last year but was a dns.
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
salmonsteve wrote:

Yes mate, just I suspected she smashed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
salmonsteve wrote:

She's been smashing everything she does for about 15 years now. Even when she wasn't winning ITU races she was the one you prayed you came out ahead of in the swim "if you have a bad swim get a time split on Nicola and save your legs for when she catches you" was in quite a few of the girls race notes I'm sure!

Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:

The first photo I saw of her in her Uvex lid I thought had somehow been exaggerated, but when I looked at more photos I realized it was not.

holy shit this is hilarious, just saw the pics. She's trying to compete with Dark Helmet! lololol

Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
endosch2 wrote:

holy shit this is hilarious, just saw the pics. She's trying to compete with Dark Helmet! lololol

That is what I call a Lid!!
Quote Reply
Re: Holly Lawrence comment about Anne Haug [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a Duffy fan but I dont see her crushing everyone. She would do well but don't think she could handle Haug's run.

Who knows though.

TriguyBlue wrote:
I want to see Duffy do a 70.3, i think she’d crush everyone. She was signed up for Thailand last year but was a dns.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
salmonsteve wrote:

She's done more than just a 70.3. http://www.ironman.com/...p;loc=#axzz5CBmBjbGp
Quote Reply