Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New horses for MD and FULL D
Quote | Reply
Hey all
Just come along with this topyc because of the Talansky´s debut in Oceanside...

First, I am willing to see the Ryf-Charles battle in the women´s field in kona. Can be epic...

It seems ITU is putting the efforts in sprint distance, what makes me feel quite disssapointed... 0.75-20-5 is not triathlon, it is a 5km run with some previous warming up... There will be just a few bunch of the top names that will be still able to be competitive against the youngest guys: Mola, Luis, Schoeman, ... Murray and both Brownlees´... I think will be dropping little by little. Neither of these guys will move to middle or full IM. I still wonder about Alistair. He got injured again during his training for the Comm Games. The older he gets the more difficult for him will be to train harder, so the chances are in olympic distance, 70.3 or IM. If the Tokyo race i in 2020 s standard olympic distance I am sure he will keep in combining some ITU and 70.3, never going to IM. If not, I really wonder if he will be capable to still race knowing that he dislikes the long distance.... it is a big mistery.

This year Kona is gonna be memorable: Frodo back again on top? Sanders improving his swim and run? Gomez being able to catch up with the 2nd group in the bike leg?? Best splits in swim(Amberger, Gomez, C.Lopez if he is racing...) and run (Gomez??, Lange?? )....
I just live 40km far from Gomez. I am a super fan, but I ´ve got some doubts about his chance to win: his cycling must improve or he will have to run like hell...this will be his first year in Kona and at least one year is necessary to get to know it. So, I am even quite doubtful about the 3 top men.... each year is even more unpredictable..
Cheers

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: New horses for MD and FULL D [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
It seems ITU is putting the efforts in sprint distance, what makes me feel quite disssapointed... 0.75-20-5 is not triathlon, it is a 5km run with some previous warming up... There will be just a few bunch of the top names that will be still able to be competitive against the youngest guys: Mola, Luis, Schoeman, ... Murray and both Brownlees´... I think will be dropping little by little. Neither of these guys will move to middle or full IM. I still wonder about Alistair. He got injured again during his training for the Comm Games. The older he gets the more difficult for him will be to train harder, so the chances are in olympic distance, 70.3 or IM. If the Tokyo race i in 2020 s standard olympic distance I am sure he will keep in combining some ITU and 70.3, never going to IM. If not, I really wonder if he will be capable to still race knowing that he dislikes the long distance.... it is a big mistery.

Alistair is not built for IM. I doubt he will ever be a factor.
Quote Reply
Re: New horses for MD and FULL D [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you really believe this:
Quote:
0.75-20-5 is not triathlon, it is a 5km run with some previous warming up
then you are doing it wrong.

Quote Reply