Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SPEEDMAX CF 8.0 or GIANT TRINITY ADVANCED 2.0 2018
Quote | Reply
Assuming similar fit is achievable and wheels are taken out of the picture and cost roughly the same.

Which of the above 2 bike would you choose ?
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDMAX CF 8.0 or GIANT TRINITY ADVANCED 2.0 2018 [mmcd88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which CF 8.0 model exactly?

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would pick the Canyon. Trinity is a really nice looking bike but the Canyon looks super sexy to me.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Giant Adv 2 is $3370, smack dab between the $2500 mixed group canyon and $4000 ultegra canyon. Neither has the integrated frame storage or front bottle. I think the giant is the better buy at that level.

At the ~5000 ultegra di2 range, the canyon still lacks those bits. But the better wheels might make up for it.

At the dura ace/etap level(6500+), I think canyon wins hands down. It has the better integration.

Other thoughts: you can hop into a shop and test ride the giants, but no luck on canyon, let alone some tricky business finding one in stock.

Looks: I like the canyons better. It'd also be cool to have a unique bike. The canyons come with better wheels, which isn't a factor to you, but you could sell them for a nice rebate.

(I have a trinity pro 1, but when I got it, the Canyons were just coming out and I gave up on bringing one over.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me I'd say the giant and here's why:

1. Can be had new just about anywhere

2. Can be had used for even cheaper and with better components that brand new

3. Has the bigger BTW

4. No 2 yr waits after paying $5-8k

Cons about the trinity advanced

1. No as kool of a bike as a canyon for the record (IDGAF about that)

2. No built in storage for repair kit

That how I see things between the 2 bikes just my .02

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: SPEEDMAX CF 8.0 or GIANT TRINITY ADVANCED 2.0 2018 [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all your comments.

2 Points of note . I'm EU based and both bike are coming in around the €3K mark.

https://www.canyon.com/en/triathlon/speedmax/2018/speedmax-cf-8-0.html

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/trinity-advanced-pro-2-2018

I see the speedmax everyday as my SO has one in the living room and local shop has the trinity.Delivery times could affect my descision TBH.

Thanks again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a Trek after going around and around with Canyon for weeks about whether it was possible to reach a specified stack height on a specified size of Speedmax CF SLX 8. The star they put next to the geometry chart numbers suggests to me there must be some kind of caveat or exception.

I kept getting a form email from Canyon asking me to measure my inseam, which they apparently needed in order for them to know if their bike could reach a certain pad stack.

I grew concerned they could have only needed that measurement because intended to harvest my femurs for additional pedestal spacers, so I cut bait. I’m short enough as-is.

I don’t know too much about the Trinity, but I know Giant to use no human parts in the making of their bikes. I think I have to support that.
Last edited by: Elktonkool: Apr 6, 18 7:09
Quote Reply