Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

low drop riders with Giant Trinity proprietary aerobars???
Quote | Reply
New XS Giant Trinity and essentially want my elbow pads to be on top of the aerobar. Proprietary extension clamps supposed to go on top of the basebar and then elbow pads are bolted into that extension clamp with puts the elbow pad 2.5 cm above the aerobar. At present I've tilted the elbow pad by using one of the OEM spacers in the front position and nothing in the back position and then run the bolts through that setup into the extension clamp underneath the basebar with the extensions coming out from underneath like in the photo. Not stable enough to ride unless I really torque the bolt running through the entire setup. In the photo you can see how I temporarily put this together (with zip ties) to test the position... Looking for suggestions from others to (1) have my elbow pads tilted up 10 to 20 degrees and (2) have the elbow pads on top of the basebar and (3) any neat tricks that people did with eTap (my blip box has been modded to be underneath the top tube cover)...

Thanks in advance.

Quote Reply
Re: low drop riders with Giant Trinity proprietary aerobars??? [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take it the instability is lateral, ie. the extensions moving side to side?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: low drop riders with Giant Trinity proprietary aerobars??? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Sir the extensions do move side to side even with the use of bolts instead of zip ties ; )

Thus far my thinking is that I can file 2 of the part #7s so that they provide the desired angle in the elbow pad (all of these parts are metal). Then the elbow pad can be placed on top of those and the bolt #11 can be run down into part #6 which is below the base bar and will hold the extensions from below. I've seen more elegant extension holders that is for sure. I'd like to find an extension clamp holder that allowed the extension on top of the base bar and inside the elbow pads because I run my extensions narrow. Tririg has some SC clamps but those are developed for the Trek SC bar and won't fit the Giant.... tilt can be also accomplished by buying the Wattshop armrests and drilling those but then I am still stuck using the Giant extension holder #6 (from underneath the basebar)...

Need some skimpy extension clamps that will secure the extensions and preferably be on top of the basebar and inside of the elbow pads...

Thanks.
Quote Reply