Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Salah
Quote | Reply
Dude might need his own thread. I’m picking a team I’m taking him over Messi or Ronaldo. Best player in the world right now is an Egyptian.
Quote Reply
Re: Salah [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Dude might need his own thread. I’m picking a team I’m taking him over Messi or Ronaldo. Best player in the world right now is an Egyptian.

A world class player coming out of Egypt* gives me hope that one day the U.S. will produce a world class player, the ol' even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

*That's assuming Salah actually grew up in Egypt and wasn't developed in Europe somewhere, which I don't know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Here I fixed it for you. He is having a great year, but he is not even the best player in Premier League. That's like saying you would take Foles over Brady. The only scenario where this is true is if you are looking four years down the road. If I was building for the future I am taking Neymar, Asensio, Mbappe or Kane

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Last edited by: Billabong: Apr 5, 18 6:08
Quote Reply
Re: Salah [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Salah has been quite a revelation for Liverpool this season, and though he had a good season at Roma last year, he's still yet to prove his worth over the long term. He's a manageable threat when man-marked (physically), and was exposed by Ashley Young a few weeks ago. How Pep missed that fact is beyond me.

While Salah may challenge DeBruyne for EPL player of the year, he's only a threat from limited positions, and benefits greatly from a deficiency of strong left backs in the EPL. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in my own squad (and in the Spurs side), but globally he wouldn't get a starting XI nod.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Salah [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
Salah has been quite a revelation for Liverpool this season, and though he had a good season at Roma last year, he's still yet to prove his worth over the long term. He's a manageable threat when man-marked (physically), and was exposed by Ashley Young a few weeks ago. How Pep missed that fact is beyond me.

While Salah may challenge DeBruyne for EPL player of the year, he's only a threat from limited positions, and benefits greatly from a deficiency of strong left backs in the EPL. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him in my own squad (and in the Spurs side), but globally he wouldn't get a starting XI nod.

Ironically when he was signed it was thought the EPL would be too tough for him as he’s so slight. He’s fantastic in space and when marked closely. He’ll never get top line publicity unless he signs for Real or Barcelona but in my fantasy team he’s on it. Now, he’s not a continental or Latin so let’s see if he pushes to get sold to a richer club. Such a fun dude to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's been banging em in, huh? I still think DeBruyne is the best player in the PL this season. Aaand, when you say that you'd take him over Ronaldo and Messi ... well, you did see this the day before didn't you???

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Salah [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
He's been banging em in, huh? I still think DeBruyne is the best player in the PL this season. Aaand, when you say that you'd take him over Ronaldo and Messi ... well, you did see this the day before didn't you???

Goalazo. My yelling on that goal scared my dog half way to death. My daughter was watching the game in Madrid she said the announcer went hoarse after calling that goal.

How about the save by Buffon on that Lucas Vázquez screamer?!

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Salah [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:

Yeah Ronaldo's attitude on the pitch is annoying but he's one of if not the greatest to ever play the game, and maybe after dipping a little over recent years he seems to be about at his all time best level again. Crazy to pick any player over him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Not the best in the world, but arguably the best in the Premier League this year.

Does Salah still hate Israelis?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...C1/Lavender_Room_F4/
Last edited by: AlanShearer: Apr 6, 18 9:03
Quote Reply
Re: Salah [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Not the best in the world, but arguably the best in the Premier League this year.

Does Salah still hate Israelis?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...C1/Lavender_Room_F4/

Amazing. His second goal is not about the goal, look at his first touch setting up his 2nd goal.
Quote Reply