Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Visiting Boise: pools? Trails?
Quote | Reply
Visiting Boise April 6,7,8. Looking to get a swim or two and a long run. I’m staying downtown, any pools near by? A few weeks out from IMTX so preferably flat-ish trail for a long run... if something like that exists?

Thank you!

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting Boise: pools? Trails? [yoe400800] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The green belt by Ann Morison park is perfect for a flat run. Love running the foothill trails though if you don’t mind some hills. Both accessible without driving
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boise River Greenbelt Trail - accessible from downtown and you can get a decent ways out of town.

https://parks.cityofboise.org/media/228316/16–0726-greenbelt-map-b.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Boise Aquatic Center will be good for you on the swim front, and either Ann Morrison or the greenbelt are great options. I'd vote Greenbelt just because it's a little more unique than 'another park,' although the park is a very nice one. You can get a nice tour of the heart of Boise and both ends on the Greenbelt. I'm considering moving back there, actually. Nice place.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Visiting Boise: pools? Trails? [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all. I’ll check out the Greenbelt.

-
"It's nice to be great, but far greater to be nice"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Downtown YMCA lap pool, located at 11th and State, a few blocks from any hotel downtown. Can float you a guest pass or 2 if you want. Just PM me. Lots of masters sessions if you want to attend.

Running, well, you've come to the right place. 240 miles of singletrack about a mile or so north of town. Hope you like climbing. It's supposed to rain, though while you are here, but our trail ethos dictates that we do not use most of the trails when wet, as they get eroded during mud season. Greenbelt is probably your best option. I would head east as there are closures after Simplot park on the north side due to last springs epic Noah and the Ark floods. You can do close to 20 straight if you head east.
Quote Reply