Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Horomone Imbalance?
Quote | Reply
Little background:
I am a runner only, been that way the past 2.5 years. Built up mileage slowly. Around 6 months ago my office moved which allowed me the opportunity to run commute, 8.25 miles each way. I way averaging 85-90 miles a week toward the back part of last year, did a race in mid December and then took the rest of December and January pretty much off, around 50 miles a week. About 8 weeks ago I started ramping up training for a race in beginning of May. Have averaged 100 mpw for the past 8 weeks. Over the past 4-6 weeks I have noticed an increase in acne, my skin was never perfect but this is as bad as its ever been. Also I have not been sleeping well at all, go to bed around 9 and will wake up between 12-2, and sleep on and off until I get up at 6. I eat well, mostly vegetarian with one or two servings of meat on weekends. Lots of vegetables, nuts, fruit and healthy grains.

I am trying to get an appointment to go to my doctor and get a blood test, but want to know if there is anything I should think of or do until then. Any thoughts, questions or suggestions are welcome.

Thank You
Quote Reply
Re: Horomone Imbalance? [bfinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bfinz wrote:
Little background:
I am a runner only, been that way the past 2.5 years. Built up mileage slowly. Around 6 months ago my office moved which allowed me the opportunity to run commute, 8.25 miles each way. I way averaging 85-90 miles a week toward the back part of last year, did a race in mid December and then took the rest of December and January pretty much off, around 50 miles a week. About 8 weeks ago I started ramping up training for a race in beginning of May. Have averaged 100 mpw for the past 8 weeks. Over the past 4-6 weeks I have noticed an increase in acne, my skin was never perfect but this is as bad as its ever been. Also I have not been sleeping well at all, go to bed around 9 and will wake up between 12-2, and sleep on and off until I get up at 6. I eat well, mostly vegetarian with one or two servings of meat on weekends. Lots of vegetables, nuts, fruit and healthy grains.

I am trying to get an appointment to go to my doctor and get a blood test, but want to know if there is anything I should think of or do until then. Any thoughts, questions or suggestions are welcome.

Thank You

If you are wanting to get in for a blood test sooner (like next day or two with a few more days for results) there are other options. As a high-deductible insurance user I have been using Athlete Blood Test. I have been making public all my reports. The latest one is here if you are interested in seeing what the process is like.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Horomone Imbalance? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was interesting-thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Horomone Imbalance? [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Horomone Imbalance? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas that is immensely interesting and helpful. Very cool, thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Re: Horomone Imbalance? [bfinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bfinz wrote:
Little background:
Also I have not been sleeping well at all, go to bed around 9 and will wake up between 12-2, and sleep on and off until I get up at 6.

Not trying to thread hijack, but I'm curious about what is defined as 'lack of sleep due to overtraining'.

For my own example, I do an evening workout most weeknights and end up waking up 2 or 3 times to pee due to all of the water consumed (I'm guessing). However, I fall back to sleep more or less immediately when I get back in bed. Would these wake-ups be a sign of overtraining, or just nature calling?

Been wondering about this for a few weeks now...
Quote Reply