Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ventum One Pad X/Y Chart
Quote | Reply
I am trying to make a pad X/Y chart for the Ventum One, I deal with this bike a lot and have zero trust in their on line web tool.
I just finished my first pass at the data in Excel but I need to verify that this is all good.
If you own a Ventum One with the stock Ventum Bar, and if you are willing to help, can you please tell me your Pad X/Y (back of the pad) and the thickness of your stem spacer stack, the height of any spacers underneath your arm pads and if the pads are in the front or rear position?
Once I have this chart done and I have validated the data, I'll be happy to share it for everyone's use.

Thanks!

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Last edited by: Jonathan Blyer: Apr 4, 18 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: Ventum One Pad X/Y Chart [Jonathan Blyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jon,

As i feel a bit of a catalyst for this post, I'm happy for you to use my Ventum One, when it arrives at Greg's studio, so you can take the measurements in person.

I'll shoot you an email separately.

Cheers,
Jimmy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pad x to rear, Y incl cushion

Quote Reply
Re: Ventum One Pad X/Y Chart [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing, our numbers are close, but I think you are missing a frame size and you didn't account for the cockpit going rearwards as you add more stack to the spacer stack beneath the stem.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, haven't updated the chart since they added the 46. Also, I've never seen anything to suggest that the bikes arrived with room to move up the steerer (none of my clients have acquired one of the bikes). Does the steerer come uncut? I have most of the required dimensions from the bar drawings so the numbers should be fairly accurate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, this reminded me of a post I made that Jimmy replied to over a year ago now. I've not checked their page in a while but it sounds like they never got around to it?

Jimmy Sear quoting me wrote:
JimmySeear Feb 17, 17 8:10 Post #14 of 18

knighty76 wrote:
Was going to have a quick look at this and then I hit their geometry charts which only show frame stack and reach and no info about the proprietary bars that the bike comes with. Or am I missing something?! Can't understand why they don't give pad x/y if it comes with their own bars.

Gave up and went to look at a Canyon.

Sorry to hear you got frustrated. We are building a full fit calculator into the website as we speak so it will be very easy to find your correct size on a Ventum.

Please email me at jimmy@ventumracing.com and I can answer any question you have.
JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonathan Blyer wrote:
I am trying to make a pad X/Y chart for the Ventum One, I deal with this bike a lot and have zero trust in their on line web tool.
I just finished my first pass at the data in Excel but I need to verify that this is all good.
If you own a Ventum One with the stock Ventum Bar, and if you are willing to help, can you please tell me your Pad X/Y (back of the pad) and the thickness of your stem spacer stack, the height of any spacers underneath your arm pads and if the pads are in the front or rear position?
Once I have this chart done and I have validated the data, I'll be happy to share it for everyone's use.

Thanks!

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for the note on Handlebar X/Y. We have just launched our new Z range with a 3T handlebar which has a wider fit range than our standard bar. I have the fit data below. I hope this helps.

The updated Ventum One handlebars allow for mounting the extensions under the base bar helping with a lower stack.

Ventum One
46 - Stack - 547-661 Reach - 400-423
51 - Stack - 565-679 Reach - 415-437
54 - Stack - 583-697 Reach - 430-452
56 - Stack - 599-713 Reach - 444-466
58 - Stack - 615-729 Reach - 459-481

Ventum Z/ZM
46 - Stack - 575-669 Reach - 378-466
51 - Stack - 593-687 Reach - 390-478
54 - Stack - 611-705 Reach - 406-494
56 - Stack - 628-722 Reach - 419-507
58 - Stack - 647-741 Reach - 434-522