Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Tony.White] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony.White wrote:
Do you know where we could find a replay of the race?

X2 please? Full race??
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that will depend on where you live.
I'm in Canada, and it is available on http://www.dazn.com. I believe it only works in select countries though

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a complete joke.

mungub50 wrote:
trineuropa wrote:
fulla wrote:
Schoeman looks comfortable.

Didn’t look like he was having any issues from asthma or an upper respiratory illness

FTW! Does the lack of transparency over the Schoeman case bother anyone else? How was this swept under the rug so easily?

Bronze out of nowhere (not completely but somewhat), Abu Dhabi smack down, and now gold at commonwealth games with another dominant performance.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Tony.White] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony.White wrote:
Do you know where we could find a replay of the race?

Suspect this will be UK only
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/commonwealth-games/43393105
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [dontswimdontrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Brownlees have been at the top of ITU racing for 10 years. Everything has its time. Jonny will definitely be disappointed that he hasn't capitalised on what could have been his moment, but let's not forget he has won the ITU series before. They've still got plenty of fight in them but the days of perpetual 1-2 or 1-3 are over I'd say.
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [rj_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rj_tri wrote:
I'm in Canada, and it is available on http://www.dazn.com.

That dazn.com doesn't have a lot of (any?) info about what they will be streaming, triathlon or otherwise. And they want $20 a month unless I'm missing something.

How has your experience been with their service?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They seem to have everything and they have them archived after. I've watch both triathlons, some swimming, track cycling and basketball.
They also have a free one month trial so you can sign up just for the games

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a change in time frames for Triathlon and some other sports but for swimming a lot of the involved countries run their annual trials around this time of year... Australia, Canada, New Zealand so these athletes are used to being fast in April. We have seen some really fast swims so far in a number of events... unlike the Olympics the top swimmers can cruise in heats/semi finals and go much quicker in finals.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Penny's grandma died this week.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Eh I think fans just have to re-assess how you view them. AB is imo just stringing out his itu retirement pathway. I think he could make Tokyo, but individual race winning it? Eh, not with his goals/boredom of itu current pathway/dabbling at LC racing/simply an athlete who's been doing this for a LONG TIME. With JB I think he's done an outstanding job of taking advantage of having the best training partner in the world, and then hanging on like hell when he's needed to. And that's allowed him to win 2 medals because his training partner's top end ability is just so much better than everyone else's when it counts that *almost* being that good means your automatically better than almost everyone else. I mean when your brother is the best the sport has ever had, and then you kinda lose that person, I certainly think your own ability to push yourself suffers. And not that he doesn't suffer, but more kinda the "specificity" of out classing everyone on the run after already out classing the field on the swim AND bike. (eta: and that's not a knock on JB to say he's only good with AB...it's to say when the environment that allows him to become one of the best in the world changes, there likely to be differences down the road....again JB imo is top 5 itu athlete ever, regardless if he's only 2nd/3rd best during his generation of racing).

What you are seeing is simple athletics- the demands of competition have demanded that the field of athletes improve certain elements and they have.

Who would have thought that on a boring course like this, and with only a 20s lead, that the chase group doesnt even come close to catching the break. Now of course a lot of this is because the CWG is small in numbers that it can create much better racing...IE a front pack swim can stick....a break on the bike can stick if you push and want to stay away.

I think it's time for Jonny to suck it up and join one of these enclaves that train together and leave the big brother behind. If what somebody said above is true, and their long time coach retired, he needs to reboot and get into a competitive environment. I'm really shocked how badly he has unraveled these past two years. He's such a fierce competitor and one of the only ones who can push past his physical limits. I believe he's still got a championship year in him.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PushThePace wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:
Eh I think fans just have to re-assess how you view them. AB is imo just stringing out his itu retirement pathway. I think he could make Tokyo, but individual race winning it? Eh, not with his goals/boredom of itu current pathway/dabbling at LC racing/simply an athlete who's been doing this for a LONG TIME. With JB I think he's done an outstanding job of taking advantage of having the best training partner in the world, and then hanging on like hell when he's needed to. And that's allowed him to win 2 medals because his training partner's top end ability is just so much better than everyone else's when it counts that *almost* being that good means your automatically better than almost everyone else. I mean when your brother is the best the sport has ever had, and then you kinda lose that person, I certainly think your own ability to push yourself suffers. And not that he doesn't suffer, but more kinda the "specificity" of out classing everyone on the run after already out classing the field on the swim AND bike. (eta: and that's not a knock on JB to say he's only good with AB...it's to say when the environment that allows him to become one of the best in the world changes, there likely to be differences down the road....again JB imo is top 5 itu athlete ever, regardless if he's only 2nd/3rd best during his generation of racing).

What you are seeing is simple athletics- the demands of competition have demanded that the field of athletes improve certain elements and they have.

Who would have thought that on a boring course like this, and with only a 20s lead, that the chase group doesnt even come close to catching the break. Now of course a lot of this is because the CWG is small in numbers that it can create much better racing...IE a front pack swim can stick....a break on the bike can stick if you push and want to stay away.

I think it's time for Jonny to suck it up and join one of these enclaves that train together and leave the big brother behind. If what somebody said above is true, and their long time coach retired, he needs to reboot and get into a competitive environment. I'm really shocked how badly he has unraveled these past two years. He's such a fierce competitor and one of the only ones who can push past his physical limits. I believe he's still got a championship year in him.

You might be right there, I still think there is a possibility the melt down in Mexico at the Grand final possibly left a scar on him that effected him.

He's still by a country mile the best Swim/Bike/Runner in ITU now his big bro and Gomez seem to have moved up, maybe its time he changed things up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My predictions for the mixed relay

Mens Gold...Canada Sanders wins it on his own!!
Silver...England
Bronze...Oz
4th S.Africa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mixed prediction:

Leg 1: Learmonth ENG gets a small break in the swim - Brown CAN catches her on the bike - probably Gentle AUS does too - 3 hit T2 together - Gentle and Brown outrun Learmonth and pass off to the men at same time

ETA: I think South Africa get dropped in the first leg and they never recover to be a medal threat in spite of Schoeman and Murray.

Leg 2: I think Birtwhistle AUS gets dropped by Mislawchuk CAN in the swim but Alistair pulls him up on the bike and the 3 of them hit T2 together - Birtwhistle runs away from Mislawchuk and Alistair

Leg 3: Backhouse AUS holds the lead during the swim but Holland ENG and Ridenour CAN catch her on the bike and the 3 hit T2 together - Holland gaps Ridenour gaps Backhouse

Leg 4: Jonny ENG catches Sharpe CAN on the swim and the 2 bike together putting time into Hauser AUS and 2 hit T2 together - Jonny gets his gold, Sharpe then holds off a closing Hauser.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Last edited by: Scotttriguy: Apr 6, 18 19:38
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nz team wearing run shoes on the bike. Best transitions by far
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch Learmonth half ate it there, sorta knocking her knee/ankle on the T2 dismount stumble. Can the chase catch Ali??

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sad to hear about the SA 1st athlete experiencing some type of medical emergency.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Where did you hear this Brooks and what happened?

http://www.sweat7.com
Facebook Page: Sweat7
Twitter: @sweat7coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:

That won them the bronze medal today
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
PushThePace wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

You might be right there, I still think there is a possibility the melt down in Mexico at the Grand final possibly left a scar on him that effected him.

He's still by a country mile the best Swim/Bike/Runner in ITU now his big bro and Gomez seem to have moved up, maybe its time he changed things up.

These are absolutely great points.

JB still has the basic tools to win in Tokyo, but I think as things stand, he is going to be reliant on big brother to make that happen.

I think a lot depends on what AB does next. If he is truly done with ITU, then I think it might be worth retooling things for JB. Leeds is a fantastic base but it's definitely a group in transition. The question is where else can he get better training partners?

He should come up to Glasgow ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [limited] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
limited wrote:
fulla wrote:

That won them the bronze medal today

I'd agree. I'm fairly sure the last leg Canadian athlete did the same thing but the gap was already there by that point.

The other thing regarding equipment I find it a little odd is that none of the England team used draft legal tri bars. There were only 8 teams and England were always going to be at the pointy end of the race so there were bound to be gaps. I think both Learmonth and Alistair would of benefited. In the end it wouldn't of made a difference but it could of. Why not adopt a marginal gains mentality?
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [salmonsteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBC telecast said some type of issue, which made sense why HS was so far behind to point Murray was lapped before he even got to his bike (no lap out rule though).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I' very excited about Bermuda's result, only 1 minute behind Canada for 5th and beating out Wales, Scotland and South Africa. Not bad for a tiny country.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Commonwealth Games Predictions / Coverage [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
Jackets wrote:
PushThePace wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

These are absolutely great points.

JB still has the basic tools to win in Tokyo, but I think as things stand, he is going to be reliant on big brother to make that happen.

I think a lot depends on what AB does next. If he is truly done with ITU, then I think it might be worth retooling things for JB. Leeds is a fantastic base but it's definitely a group in transition. The question is where else can he get better training partners?

He should come up to Glasgow ;)

Jonny is really going to struggle in ITU now certainly on the less technical bike courses, the front pack have lost Ali and now Gomez that's some serious firepower on the bike.

All these uber runners have now popped up, they need to find Jonny a couple of swim bikers from somewhere. If Ali isn't going to Tokyo Brit Tri need to start looking at a couple of swim/bikers domestiques for Jonny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody else watching this think that the British Team need to get clip on bars for the team event? In the 2nd leg where Jonny was being shadowed by the Aussie. The Aussie must of been using 50w less when on the bars. The same for AB. I just the plan was for Jess to get him a gap and for him to push extend it on the bike but he ended up chasing. In both situation surely 5-10 seconds where available from clip on tribars?
Quote Reply

Prev Next