Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Any feedback on Bontagter Aeolus 5 tlr? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The NSW brake track is every bit as good as a normal aluminum brake track in my opinion. The Jet Black brake track is on another level. The Zipps are pretty easy to put tires on and take tires off whereas my Heds have always been a bit tight.
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Bontagter Aeolus 5 tlr? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
The NSW brake track is every bit as good as a normal aluminum brake track in my opinion. The Jet Black brake track is on another level. The Zipps are pretty easy to put tires on and take tires off whereas my Heds have always been a bit tight.

Thanks for the feedback. Btw, what pads do you run with your NSW?

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Any feedback on Bontagter Aeolus 5 tlr? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the stock Zipp pads... and am still on the first set. To be honest I probably only have 500-750 miles on these wheels and you can visualize the sort of riding I do. Based on pad wear the pads won't last very long for most people. I don't think this is a problem though: Zipp probably did that intentionally as it is better to have sacrificial pads than a sacrificial brake track. In my opinion the soft compound also helps to modulate braking but, then again, everyone seems to have a different definition of what modulation means with regards to braking.

You're welcome to borrow them for a week to try them out. They definitely aren't in the same league as the Hed Jet Blacks (nothing is) but they are on the same plane as good aluminum rims and damn is it easy to get tires on and off.
Quote Reply

Prev Next