Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tin Star (Prime Original Series)
Quote | Reply
Stars Tim Roth, who I think is a great actor. Just started watching and only through Episode 2.

Ho-ly hell! Intense! In the first 2 minutes, you will be saying "HOLY SHIT!" It just goes up from there.

Great show. Anyone watching?

Summary:

Deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, a recently emigrated police sheriff and his family try their best to survive in a charming mountain town rife with crime and corruption. Sheriff Jim Worth struggles with the ghosts of his past as he attends AA meetings, and his wife, Angela, tries to integrate in the town of Little Big Bear. At the same time, a massive oil company, North Stream Oil, opens a refinery just out of town, bringing with it a swath of migrant workers, rising crime levels, and pollution. When a friend of Jim's dies under mysterious circumstances written off as a suicide, he butts heads with representatives of the oil firm when he tries to uncover the truth of the matter.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Stars Tim Roth, who I think is a great actor. Just started watching and only through Episode 2.

Ho-ly hell! Intense! In the first 2 minutes, you will be saying "HOLY SHIT!" It just goes up from there.

Great show. Anyone watching?

Summary:

Deep in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, a recently emigrated police sheriff and his family try their best to survive in a charming mountain town rife with crime and corruption. Sheriff Jim Worth struggles with the ghosts of his past as he attends AA meetings, and his wife, Angela, tries to integrate in the town of Little Big Bear. At the same time, a massive oil company, North Stream Oil, opens a refinery just out of town, bringing with it a swath of migrant workers, rising crime levels, and pollution. When a friend of Jim's dies under mysterious circumstances written off as a suicide, he butts heads with representatives of the oil firm when he tries to uncover the truth of the matter.

Well I don't say this often, but I did watch it and.... Well I agree it was a good show.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus man. I’m still catching up on banshee from your recommendation. Unfortunately prime doesn’t carry last S2.
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Banshee rocked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds right up my alley, anyone know if it is on somewhere for free yet? Not a prime member...
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Sounds right up my alley, anyone know if it is on somewhere for free yet? Not a prime member...

Serious question: why aren’t you a prime member?

Not that you should be...but curious given income, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question: why aren’t you a prime member? //

So you bring up a good question, and now that you ask it is it just the Amazon prime service you sign up for to get free shipping on items? In my head I have this idea that it is some separate tv service charge, but now that I think about it, does it just come with that service you get? If so, yes I should be a member, we have been tagging on my father in laws account for the free shipping, but if you get the TV stuff too, then I'm in!!! What else do you need, any boxes or other things you have to buy??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

So you bring up a good question, and now that you ask it is it just the Amazon prime service you sign up for to get free shipping on items? In my head I have this idea that it is some separate tv service charge, but now that I think about it, does it just come with that service you get? If so, yes I should be a member, we have been tagging on my father in laws account for the free shipping, but if you get the TV stuff too, then I'm in!!! What else do you need, any boxes or other things you have to buy??

Yes same prime as shipping, just need tv or box with the prime App, I use a Amazon fire box so its there of course.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Don’t need anything. Just download the Prime video app in your tablet, phone, tv etc. you just sign in through your amazon account.

Also you get Prime music which is the bomb and prime photo which is an unlimited photo storage app.

Well worth the cash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Others have answered, but, I will throw in my set up. I have the Amazon Prime Video app downloaded on my iPad. The download is free. I watch Prime videos from the app. Just use your Amazon log in and password and you are in.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had to bail on this one. Story line seemed to be going nowhere and then they started the crap where they start off with some kind of action in the beginning of the show and then say "3 days ago" and spend the rest of the show catching up to the scene they started with. That's lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Season 2 is out. Just watched the first episode last night. I love this show!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh!!!

Thanks for the heads up. Amazing show.

Evening binge watch: activated!
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Binge watched all of season 1&2. Its ace. Tim's character is worryingly almost identical to my boss (minus the gun) both physically and in temperament which is more than a little disturbing!
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [Longdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished Season 2 last night. MAN do I love this show (despite how much you have to suspend reality). But, the season finale was quit disappointing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a Roku or Firestick? The Amazon Prime app is on them. Just sign in with the same passwords you use for shipping. Or pay for it if you want but then just sign in. If you don't have Prime, you haven't seen ''The Looming Tower'' with Jeff Daniels. You have to start catching up!

You could also use the app on your phone, ipad, or computer and cast it with Chromecast.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The town scenes are filmed in High River south of Calgary and then blended with scenery shots from Waterton Lake National Park. Haven't started season 2 yet. There are only 2 smaller cities with their own police force here in Alberta neither of which are mountain towns so I find myself suspending disbelief on the minutia. We do have a few hundred cops from the UK here largely working for the police in Calgary and Edmonton (recruited as experienced officers). Most of them are good at using their mouth to de-escalate.

The other WTF is big oil operating a big refinery in the mountains west of the city... that shit's no where near there ( the fictional town more or less appears to be where Canmore is).

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Last edited by: realAB: Mar 18, 19 20:02
Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [realAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
The town scenes are filmed in High River south of Calgary and then blended with scenery shots from Waterton Lake National Park. Haven't started season 2 yet. There are only 2 smaller cities with their own police force here in Alberta neither of which are mountain towns so I find myself suspending disbelief on the minutia. We do have a few hundred cops from the UK here largely working for the police in Calgary and Edmonton (recruited as experienced officers). Most of them are good at using their mouth to de-escalate.

The other WTF is big oil operating a big refinery in the mountains west of the city... that shit's no where near there ( the fictional town more or less appears to be where Canmore is).

Just watched Season 1. Good show. S1 finale kind of pissed me off. Just didn't buy it. We don't seem to me discussing spoilers (yet) in this thread, so won't comment on what really ground my gears about S1 final episode. I'm just calling BS on it.

Having said that, i'll watch S2.

On the refinery....i have to laugh that they keep showing that massive refinery built way out in the boonies, right in the middle of a river valley on the rivers flood plain. So ridiculous. You don't build a refinery in a valley river flood area.

Also, since its a refinery, there is zero reason you have to build it out in the middle of no where, messing up nature. Just build the damn thing near the city away from the damn watershed and river.

Quote Reply
Re: Tin Star (Prime Original Series) [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Season 2 will piss you off a little bit. But, I still love the show and it was well worth the time investment. I think Season 3 will be epic.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realAB wrote:
We do have a few hundred cops from the UK here largely working for the police in Calgary and Edmonton (recruited as experienced officers). Most of them are good at using their mouth to de-escalate.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never been out west. Canmore looks awesome.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply