Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just replying to the thread, but I checked the USADA testing site today and sorted by Triathlon and it's woefully short of tests. Bummer

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked my friend today, and she has not received results, and is not “on edge”, quite the opposite. She hasn’t brought it up at all.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having a doping category seems like a great idea until somebody in your family gets into the category.

Would it still be a good idea if someone close to you is setting themselves up to die for everyone's entertainment?
Last edited by: jaretj: Dec 18, 18 2:45
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I just searched USADA's database for the years I can remember athletes getting tested and none of them appear on those lists.

Were those tests done by USADA in the USA? They might have been done by some other group.

I know from a cycling perspective that if I look up the results for say Taylor Phinney on the USADA site I am only seeing some of the tests he might have had that year. If he gets tested by the UCI or the French anti doping organization while racing overseas it won't show up on the USADA list.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
just replying to the thread, but I checked the USADA testing site today and sorted by Triathlon and it's woefully short of tests. Bummer

In regards to triathlon doesn't USADA concentrate on Olympic sports? If that's the case I wouldn't expect to see much testing of long course athlete's.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no but ostensibly you'd think USADA was under contract by WTC to do their testing for them... if they were, and as I understand it, the number of tests would be in the USADA database but the results management would be done by WTC.

nslckevin wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

In regards to triathlon doesn't USADA concentrate on Olympic sports? If that's the case I wouldn't expect to see much testing of long course athlete's.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-JBMarshTX wrote:
Though, there have been those of us who have read and been told...just trust us.

"Yeah, i ain't fuckin' stupid." I laugh at the assumption that we'll just believe them.

Proof positive they know the masses are sheep.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Have a clean category and then let everybody else dope to their gills for our own spectator entertainment.

They tried that in bodybuilding. It didn't work. A "natural" category was created for bodybuilders who did't want to dope. But that category ended up being overrun by dopers anyway.

This is exactly what I would expect in triathlon. I expect there are some who are mid pack and supplementing for other reasons. But the serious dopers are doping precisely because it gives them an advantage over their clean peers - that is the whole point.

They would probably welcome a "doper division" so they could enter into, and more effectively cheat in the clean category.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When athletes at these races test positive for illegal drugs...do they face criminal charges?
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
When athletes at these races test positive for illegal drugs...do they face criminal charges?

not that i have ever heard. just, they're almost never illegal. they're either perfectly legal (with a prescription) or they're legal, but without a prescription. they're prohibited in competition, but usually legal.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nslckevin wrote:
desert dude wrote:
I just searched USADA's database for the years I can remember athletes getting tested and none of them appear on those lists.

Were those tests done by USADA in the USA? They might have been done by some other group.

I know from a cycling perspective that if I look up the results for say Taylor Phinney on the USADA site I am only seeing some of the tests he might have had that year. If he gets tested by the UCI or the French anti doping organization while racing overseas it won't show up on the USADA list.

They were all tested at WTC events. Mostly in the US & AUS but in a few other countries as well.

I've had several athletes tested at USAT Nationals after winning the race outright and/or winning their age group and/or placing top 3 in their AG. After checking I didn't see their names either.

Then I went down the rabbit hole of looking for athletes who won their AG at ITU worlds and didn't find any on USADA's site as well.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the race is outside of the US, USADA has not authority to be a testing agency. So wherever the race is, the local ADA will be the testing agency unless they go to drug testing contractor separately from that.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was tested after usat nationals and my name is on the usada list linked to earlier in the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
If the race is outside of the US, USADA has not authority to be a testing agency. So wherever the race is, the local ADA will be the testing agency unless they go to drug testing contractor separately from that.

I know. I was hoping somewhere, somehow one of them showed up as being tested. I just don't have full faith in WTC, USAT/ITU (especially given these two's lack of concern over AG Doping) as a results management entity

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

I know. I was hoping somewhere, somehow one of them showed up as being tested. I just don't have full faith in WTC, USAT/ITU (especially given these two's lack of concern over AG Doping) as a results management entity

All the times I've been tested by USADA have been represented on their site. I got tested by the UCI at Master's Track World's in Los Angeles and that isn't on the USADA site, because of course, it wasn't USADA. So, it's not just WHERE you were tested, but by which organization. You can get tested in the United States by organizations other than USADA. So you need to know WHO did the test. The athlete should have paperwork with that information.

Kevin

My Strava
Quote Reply

Prev Next