Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwifters - Do you shift in the small chainring?
Quote | Reply
I have a 1st generation kickr. I always use my Power2Max as power source and the Kickr is linked as controllable trainer. I have a 52/36 11-28 and I never had to go to the small chainring on any of the Zwift climbs... This is not a backdoor brag ;) but my FTP is about 325W (4.6 w/kg). I live in flat FL so my experience riding the same bike on actual hills is limited but I suspect that Zwift is just not realistic or there something else that's wrong with my setup.
My last hilly ride was in Penticton this summer and I spent a lot of time in the small chainring on some of those climbs especially the McLean Creek section and the start of the climb when you get on the highway. Granted I was trying to stay under 260W for that race but still...

Thoughts?

What's your CdA?
Last edited by: trailerhouse: Apr 2, 18 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: Zwifters - Do you shift in the small chainring? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have a smart trainer, so I haven't played with this. But the default smart trainer setting, I believe, is 50% of what the hill should actually be. You can adjust it in the settings.

Here is a link that talks about it in more detail: https://zwiftinsider.com/...ty-setting-in-zwift/
Quote Reply
Re: Zwifters - Do you shift in the small chainring? [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes!
Thank you!

MRid wrote:
I don't have a smart trainer, so I haven't played with this. But the default smart trainer setting, I believe, is 50% of what the hill should actually be. You can adjust it in the settings.

Here is a link that talks about it in more detail: https://zwiftinsider.com/...ty-setting-in-zwift/

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwifters - Do you shift in the small chainring? [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run a 1x10 CX bike on my Direto and have the trainer resistance in Zwift set to 25%; anything past that I'm going under 60 rpm; my low is a 42x28. I'm around 4.25 w/kg,
Quote Reply