Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept
Quote | Reply
I currently own a BMC TM02 105. Long story short: my frame is damaged and cannot be warrantied. Not really considering a new BMC because I'm a little ticked off. So, I'm
looking at new bikes under 4K and have it narrowed down to:
1) Quintana Roo PR5 Ultegra mechanical, and
2) 2018 Trek Speed Concept w/ Ultegra mechanical.

I like the new color schemes of the Roo (sorry, I'm a girl and want to really want to enjoy going out on a fun bike). But, I also know a ton of people who ride SCs and love them...despite their

Thoughts? I really couldn't find any information comparing these 2 bikes. Given that they're both Ultegra and the exact same price, what seems like a better choice?
Quote Reply
Re: Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept [swimswam1003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Concept hands down for the cockpit. Not to knock QR, they seem to make a great bike, but the SC is tough to beat in terms of speed for the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed concept.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a reason QR added a storage box. Top tube box, ect. This is all from the SC. It is THE bike all the others copy. It is hands down the best value. (Yes, I own one...) I would look for a used one I think you can find ‘16 for like 2500ish.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2018 Speed Concept is aerodynamically as fast as any bike on the market.
Quote Reply
Re: Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept [BBB1975] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote]2018 Speed Concept is aerodynamically as fast as any bike on the market. [/quote]

IDK if I'd go out on that limb.

I would be willing to bet a fair bit of money the SC is at least 6w faster than the Roo.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you read your quote backwards, it's jaw dropping. Upon proper reading...that makes more sense.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Roo PR5 Ultegra v 2018 Trek Speed Concept [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think it's a lot faster than 6w. PR5 has a non integrated front end with a cheap PD bar, front brake in the wind and cables flying everywhere (out-of-the-box setup). Sure, you can upgrade it and clean it up but most people don't and SC is clean by default.

To the OP: There's really no comparison between the two, other than price. If you really want to compare apple to apples then you look at SC vs PR6.

desert dude wrote:
Quote:
2018 Speed Concept is aerodynamically as fast as any bike on the market.

IDK if I'd go out on that limb.

I would be willing to bet a fair bit of money the SC is at least 6w faster than the Roo.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply