Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Long weekend within 10 hrs of MN?
Quote | Reply
Thinking about a long weekend of road riding with my son (16), and father (65).

-leave on Wed am, be there by dinner-- maybe stop on the way and ride for a few hrs
-Head for home on sun after lunch
-be pulling a camper.
-Somewhere 8-10 hrs of SE MN?

Early August.

Initially I'm thinking Black hills. CO may be a bit far.

Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Long weekend within 10 hrs of MN? [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Early August is the Sturgis Rally. It spreads out thru the entire Black Hills. Trust me - You don’t want to attempt riding roads here during rally week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The closer you can get to the riding in Tennessee the better!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
8-10 hrs away for a long weekend might be a bit much of a drive. I live in MN and if I had a long weekend I would head up to the Brainerd area or somewhere between Spring Green and Madison, WI. I like the Black Hills but not sure I would bike around there with the traffic being so high in that area even if Sturgis wasn't going on. There might be some options for you going south. Springfield, Kansas City, etc? Not sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can go the last week of July, you could catch the last few days of RAGBRAI in Iowa. Fully supported, lots of social interaction, and safe riding with a few thousand new friends.

Otherwise I would go to northern Wisconsin as most all roads are paved and great scenery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad lives by Webster WI. Look at going to that area. Only a couple of hours from the Twin Cities. Incredible riding on the country roads. Maybe not for a hard climbing weekend, but dang I enjoy riding there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Looks like there is the Dairyland Dare in WI that weekend. Thinking of riding it and going a few days early and camping.
Quote Reply