Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What bike intensity (or % FTP) should one target in a standard distance duathlon?
Quote | Reply
I'm doing a standard distance duathlon this coming weekend. 10k-ish run, 24 mile bike, 5k run. Mostly for the hell of it. I've only done a couple of duathlons in my life and have always winged it. I can do that again but I was playing around on Best Bike Split (also for the hell of it) and, of course, Best Bike Split wants an intensity factor to target.

I've seen many such questions about that here for triathlons but I have no idea what it should be for a Du. Anyone with a good deal of experience in this have an idea? Intensity or percentage of FTP?
Quote Reply
Re: What bike intensity (or % FTP) should one target in a standard distance duathlon? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From my personal experience (so take this sparingly) 95% of FTP is fine for the 40k and leaves me with enough gas in the tank to run the 5k almost at the same pace as the 10k depending on the course and conditions. I’ve practiced this a bunch in practice too. Once again, that plan has worked well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike intensity (or % FTP) should one target in a standard distance duathlon? [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I think I would be happy with the time and speed that even a bit less than 90% would get me so I think I'm more than willing to at least give that a shot
Quote Reply