Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which bike to ride for St George 70.3?
Quote | Reply
Which should I ride: Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Disc or Premier Tactical 1.0?
Seriously: 3,500' of gain, heard it's a bumpy road with long fast descent into T2.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike to ride for St George 70.3? [Pathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While it's a lot of climbing, you have to think that you don't see any pros riding road bikes. My guess would be to stick to the tri-bike.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pathlete wrote:
Which should I ride: Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 Disc or Premier Tactical 1.0?
Seriously: 3,500' of gain, heard it's a bumpy road with long fast descent into T2.

If you’re an FOP M35-39 racer then definitely the Canyon. Otherwise, tri bike.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few courses that warrant a thorough discussion of road vs. tri bike. St. George is not one of those.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The road conditions are actually very good by US standards and the great majority of climbing is the Snow canyon ramp. Otherwise it is flat and fast.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a long fast descent if you're on a TT bike... Seriously there is pretty much nothing technical on the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike to ride for St George 70.3? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2

If you take a close look at the profile of the course you'll see that the time spent on flat and downhill sections are over 2/3 the total time spent on the ride. And there's no grade so steep going downhill to where you'd need the handling capabilities of a road bike. At one time the Branson 70.3 was the hilliest bike course on the Ironman circuit and the pros rode TT's there which had over 5,000 feet of climbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no TT course where a road bike is better, so always take the Tri bike to a triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was down there riding it a couple weeks ago. The road surface is not great in places, but that's a tire pressure question, not a bike question. The climbs are very doable on a tt bike. As others have said, definitely the tactical
Quote Reply