Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Master swimming/pool options near Newton MA
Quote | Reply
Any masters swim teams near Newton MA that allows drop by swimming? Alternatively, pools in the area Where you can get a day pass for a solo swim?
Quote Reply
Re: Master swimming/pool options near Newton MA [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending where in Newton you'll be, Charles River Masters at Harvard is hard to beat. 2-3 coached workouts a day on weekdays, and 1 a day on weekends, plus some plenty fast swimmers.

https://www.teamunify.com/TabGeneric.jsp?_tabid_=84350&team=mnecmsch

Alternatively if you're a Y member elsewhere, I think you can use the West Suburban Y on Washington Street.
Quote Reply
Re: Master swimming/pool options near Newton MA [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is great thanks! seems like a solid program!
Quote Reply
Re: Master swimming/pool options near Newton MA [dannyweissphoto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anybody swum at the Brookline Rec Center? It looks like a really nice facility w lots of lap swim times.
Boston University also has Masters (and a gorgeous pool, BTW, According to the FAQ, it's a $12 drop in fee, and looks like they'll work out a fee structure you'll be in town longer. Emailperdaqu@bu.edu for more details.
I've worked out w the team at Harvard, Charles River Masters. They're a great group and the workouts are terrific.
But of course, I'd love to hear about the other programs in the area...

Karen ST Concierge
Last edited by: STConcierge: Mar 31, 18 17:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim masters at Wellesley college MWF 5:45-7:00am. Great group. There is also a good masters group at the Wayland Town Pool. MIT also has Tech masters, and that pool is awesome.

ETA: You can do day passes at MIT Rec, I believe the are $15. Harvard Rec day passes need to be with a member. If you are out in the Wellesley area I can get you into the Babson or Wellesley College pools.
Last edited by: JDinMA: Mar 31, 18 17:50
Quote Reply