Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Anyone concerned about running a disc in the winds tomorrow?

i just looked at the weather. wind should be a good tailwind of 13 out, and the straight into it coming back in. weather report doesn’t look like it will be side winds thank god.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:

I will be there and running a disc. I have done this race twice before and have trained in the area. In my experience the large sand dunes and rows of houses will block or reduce the winds. The areas without will be windy. So watch ahead and get prepared. The roads to beaches will have sudden gusts as you pass and then diminish as you are through. The bridge will be gusty the entire way. I will miss riding the airport runway, it was cool.

We had booked a room a La Quinta and earlier this week they called and cancelled our reservation due to the hotel renovation not being completed on time. We spent the last couple of days trying to secure a room, we found one on Vacasa if anyone is still looking.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:

If your in 35-39 please no need to run it!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
alaska848 wrote:

If your in 35-39 please no need to run it!

haha!!! i concur!!

for those of you that wanted to check out the tactical it’s parked at 1358. feel free to look. no test rides though!

Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
Forecast is calling for 56 degrees and cloudy weather at 7 am on race day. Might be a big chilly at the start of the bike.

uuuuuugh.

my last sprint in houston was super cold. i froze the entire bike leg. i dont want another cold race!!!

Sounds like you did Towne Lake? My wife and I did the sprint relay, with her doing the swim. I did the bike dry and it was still cold. I couldn’t imagine doing that one with wet clothes.

no, i did the katy sprint. i heard town lake was pretty much around the same temperature. im telling you the bike was miserable.

I did Katy too. Other than my lungs burning and having trouble hitting power numbers, I didn’t think the bike was too bad. It was when I got off the bike and realized I couldn’t feel the front half of my feet when it really started hurting! Hard to run fast like that!
Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:
dktxracer wrote:
Forecast is calling for 56 degrees and cloudy weather at 7 am on race day. Might be a big chilly at the start of the bike.

uuuuuugh.

my last sprint in houston was super cold. i froze the entire bike leg. i dont want another cold race!!!

Sounds like you did Towne Lake? My wife and I did the sprint relay, with her doing the swim. I did the bike dry and it was still cold. I couldn’t imagine doing that one with wet clothes.

no, i did the katy sprint. i heard town lake was pretty much around the same temperature. im telling you the bike was miserable.

I did Katy too. Other than my lungs burning and having trouble hitting power numbers, I didn’t think the bike was too bad. It was when I got off the bike and realized I couldn’t feel the front half of my feet when it really started hurting! Hard to run fast like that!

it was my hands that got me. i had no feeling in my fingers!

Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I took the time to put on gloves. My mistake was I picked the most aero looking gloves I had, when I should have picked the easiest to get on gloves. I think it took me a minute to get those suckers on! 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I won't be doing gloves. Brrrrrrr.... I will wear socks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As some one who is supposed to be in the last wave (8:20 am) to enter the swim, I assume I can go back to the my hotel for an hour after transition closes and come back at like 8? Or do I have to wait in the cold 😅

What would y'all do?

Thanks
Last edited by: legitlegit: Apr 7, 18 16:14
Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [legitlegit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go back your hotel 100%

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

You should be fine tomorrow. That Katy race was like 35-36 degrees!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

You should be fine tomorrow. That Katy race was like 35-36 degrees!

Just walked outside, its COLD! Lol, maybe gloves will be a GO!

Quote Reply
Re: Rollcall: Galveston TX 70.3 [legitlegit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
legitlegit wrote:
As some one who is supposed to be in the last wave (8:20 am) to enter the swim, I assume I can go back to the my hotel for an hour after transition closes and come back at like 8? Or do I have to wait in the cold 😅

What would y'all do?

Thanks

i say you endure the cold like everyone else!

Quote Reply

Prev Next