Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Salmon Fishing - Lake Michigan
Quote | Reply
Wife and her siblings want to gift my father in law a chartered fishing trip. Any recommendations? Everything from location (Wisconsin based), time of the season, or even a charter company?

Currently we are looking at Algoma in May, but could be up for other options and dates.
Quote Reply
Re: Salmon Fishing - Lake Michigan [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Wife and her siblings want to gift my father in law a chartered fishing trip. Any recommendations? Everything from location (Wisconsin based), time of the season, or even a charter company?

Currently we are looking at Algoma in May, but could be up for other options and dates.

I lived just south of Algoma in Two Rivers for several years and always heard that the fishing in Algoma and Kewaunee were the absolute best on the west side of the lake. Unfortunately, I cannot help you further because I used to fish out of Ludington and Manistee and sold my boat 2 weeks before getting the job offer to move to Two Rivers.

I think you've nailed the towns. A bit of internet research may narrow things down further. Looking at the facebook pages of the various charter captains may also yield some information regarding their varying degrees of results.

Where are you out of and are you limited to the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan? I ask because several coworkers were on a business trip in upstate New York, near Oswego and took an afternoon to grab a salmon charter on Lake Ontario. The pictures they showed me were of fish bigger than anything I had ever caught on Lake Michigan.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: Salmon Fishing - Lake Michigan [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great thanks!

I'd love to go back to upstate ny, but that's a bit far of a drive. We are looking at a weekend trip with a blue collar old timer who refuses to leave the state of Wisconsin.
Quote Reply