Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Other saddle options
Quote | Reply
I’m looking for other saddle options.
I just got my first tri bike. I hated the stock saddle. I tried two different ism saddles, the PR2.0 and 3.0.
The 2.0 seemed ok. I put about 100 or so miles on it. It felt like I was getting used to it but something just felt off.
I tried the 3.0. It was basically the same but with more padding. It was ok. It it actually felt squishy under my butt. So I think I’m out on it.

I feel like I might be interested in a saddle that put my butt all the way back and not hang off the front.

On my road bike I feel most comfortable when I push my but all the way back. I actually tried to sit far back on the ism and it was pretty comfortable. I know that’s not how you are supposed to ride them though.

Any input or recommendations would
Be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Other saddle options [jonp9576] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only issue with trying many different saddles is that you are always adjusting bike fit. If you feel more comfort on a specific type of saddle(ex: road:flat or curved, tri, cutout) and padding level, then go for it. You will be the one riding it, so don't be critical of what others think. I prefer to ride off the front and have tried many in this category(ISM, Sitero, Cobb Max, Plus, SH) and have settled on the JOF because of its padding, narrowness, and support at the nose. It's not that great when sitting up for a climb, but great in the aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think my comfort problems were related to saddle width. Using things like the BG fit system, I always measured narrow. Saddle that were wide to start with or flaired quickly never worked (the Sitero was hell because the width changes so rapidly). The Hilo, especially the last generation, seems to be a good compromise saddle for a lot of people. You might see if you can find one with the adjustable nose width option and try that. The new Hilo is much wider.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are measuring narrow check out he Selle Italia Iron Flow S it is narrow and not long. Allows you to be over the nose but also sit back in the seat a little bit. It is a little pricey but I bought one used to try it and am selling it because it just doesnt work for me. I went through 6 different seats 2 weeks ago when we built up my new bike and actually find the sitero comfortable so if you are narrower than that you may find the measurements to work for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Shimano TT saddle or the Bontrager Hilo RXL or the new Comp (my new favorite) should fit the bill. They have a more traditional shape but also a wider nose so you can ride the front in the aerobars. This is the saddle I recommend (Hilo) when people complain about ISM saddles being too wide.

jonp9576 wrote:
I’m looking for other saddle options.
I just got my first tri bike. I hated the stock saddle. I tried two different ism saddles, the PR2.0 and 3.0.
The 2.0 seemed ok. I put about 100 or so miles on it. It felt like I was getting used to it but something just felt off.
I tried the 3.0. It was basically the same but with more padding. It was ok. It it actually felt squishy under my butt. So I think I’m out on it.

I feel like I might be interested in a saddle that put my butt all the way back and not hang off the front.

On my road bike I feel most comfortable when I push my but all the way back. I actually tried to sit far back on the ism and it was pretty comfortable. I know that’s not how you are supposed to ride them though.

Any input or recommendations would
Be appreciated.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from riding a tt bike for along time to a road bike and had sort of the opposite problem. The noseless saddles like adamos allowed me to roll forward and be comfy on a tri bike but left me with no support on a road bike so all my weight was on my hands. I found that the pro stealth fit the in between for me.
Last edited by: kblahetka: Apr 2, 18 17:56
Quote Reply