Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue?
Quote | Reply
Bought a new MacBook back in January and I have had issues with the blue tooth finding my 2017 wahoo kickr for Zwift rides.

Other IOS devices(iPad/phone) aren’t having problems.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help is much appreciated !

** sidenote, I did take th MacBook back to Apple and they replaced a bunch of stuff and the internet is now more reliable, but, still the blue tooth connection isn’t working in this specific scenario.
Quote Reply
Re: Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue? [LOVELB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dumb question, but have you made sure within zwift you have the macbook's bluetooth activated? I believe by default zwift has the phone/tablet has the bluetooth source (i.e. you pair trainer to phone/tablet app and then phone/tablet communicates with the desktop app). At least that's what I remember when I was setting up zwift on my wife's macbook.
Quote Reply
Re: Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue? [pgp128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t think I have. So that’s clearly not a dumb question. Sorry, but even with your suggestion/ help I’m struggling to figure out the sequence....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you do NOT need your phone or the mobile app (Zwift Companion, aka Zwift Mobile Link) to pair. That is ONLY for PCs (where native bluetooth is not currently supported) or on Apple TV where you only get 2 bluetooth connections.

Any Mac should natively connect to Bluetooth sensors without issue.

It really should "just work."

Couple things:
- are you sure that the KICKR isn't paired to something else? Like, you aren't running the Wahoo app on your phone or connecting it to an Wahoo or other BLE bike computer? That's the big thing. Make sure the blue light on the KICKR is not solid blue; that means it's paired to something else.

- Are you sure Bluetooth is on and that your computer is discoverable? Check the settings.

If you still have issues, just contact our CS team - https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After several attempts to get Zwift bluetoothing with my wife’s MacBook I got her an ANT+ dongle and got on with life.
Quote Reply
Re: Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's been intermittent problems with Bluetooth and MacOS for a wee while. Amongst all the information and suggestions was something about having more than 4 concurrent connections.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If my garmin 520 is connected to my kickr so that I could adjust resistance if I wanted, would this block the macs ability to connect to the kickr? If this is the case should I shut this off ?

Thanks for the help !
Quote Reply
Re: Mac Os 10.13 high Sierra & Zwift Bluetooth issue? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
After several attempts to get Zwift bluetoothing with my wife’s MacBook I got her an ANT+ dongle and got on with life.

This ^^. My MacBook Pro struggled to connect to my Tacx Neo over BT, and even when it did connect there were frequent drop-outs and periods where the power reading would freeze for a few seconds. Since switching to an ANT+ dongle, the connection has been 100% reliable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOVELB wrote:
If my garmin 520 is connected to my kickr so that I could adjust resistance if I wanted, would this block the macs ability to connect to the kickr? If this is the case should I shut this off ?

Thanks for the help !

ANT supports multiple connections, but it makes for an extremely problematic ride if you have two devices connected to the KICKR controlling it. *IF* you have the Edge connected to the KICKR as a controllable trainer, make sure you do not *ALSO* connect Zwift to the KICKR as a controllable trainer; just connect it as a power source. But if you're having connectivity issues, definitely make sure to pair to Zwift before you pair to anything else.

But you can have multiple connections. When I lead rides, I pair my KICKR to my phone over BLE and use the Wahoo app to control the KICKR in erg mode to keep a perfectly steady pace and then pair the KICKR via ANT dongle to my Mac.

The big "no-no" is multiple BLE connections. Multiple ANT connections are fine, but it's entirely possible that if you have your KICKR connected to your EDGE that could interfere with it's ability to connect to your Mac and Zwift over BLE. Concurrent connections always introduce some level of potential "confusion."

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks brother. Man I love wireless technology but remember how easy it was when he had computrainer hard connections ? Boom!
Quote Reply