Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much is Cervelo P2SL worth?
Quote | Reply
I want to sell my old Cervelo P2SL. It is about 12 yrs old and in good shape, didn't ride it much. Bought it for about C$1500 if I remember well, it was at a discount as it was a demo bike. At the time, it was a very good entry level bike.
Thanks for the advise.
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely between $600 and $900 depending on size, condition and components.
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [ktm520] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, that would be only 40-60% depreciation over 12 years. That seems extremely optimistic.

Bicycle Blue Book says a 2008 P2Sl with Ultegra is worth $158 in the lowest "fair" to $260 in the highest "excellent". This is assuming original parts, including the 10sp Ultegra.
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, what do I know, bicycle bluebook is a rock solid representation of the market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What size is it and where are yo located? I might be interested in buying it.

Proud Kiwami Ambassador/Team Member
ask me anything about:
https://kiwamitri.com
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
So, that would be only 40-60% depreciation over 12 years. That seems extremely optimistic.

Bicycle Blue Book says a 2008 P2Sl with Ultegra is worth $158 in the lowest "fair" to $260 in the highest "excellent". This is assuming original parts, including the 10sp Ultegra.

Yeah $900 for a 12 year old bike that cost $1500 is whack, doesn't matter how good condition it's in. I'd guesstimate $350 - $400 if in excellent condition.
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [trijunkie123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trijunkie123 wrote:
What size is it and where are yo located? I might be interested in buying it.

Vancouver, BC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested to learn the size. David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
I want to sell my old Cervelo P2SL. It is about 12 yrs old and in good shape, didn't ride it much. Bought it for about C$1500 if I remember well, it was at a discount as it was a demo bike. At the time, it was a very good entry level bike.
Thanks for the advise.

Is it the yellow one? I wish I still had mine
Quote Reply
Re: How much is Cervelo P2SL worth? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

Yeah $900 for a 12 year old bike that cost $1500 is whack, doesn't matter how good condition it's in. I'd guesstimate $350 - $400 if in excellent condition.

The one that sold eBay most recently was just a frame and it was over 200. All the bikes are listed 700-1000.

900 is right in line for what it is if it’s in good condition. Especially for those alu frames. He’ll find a buyer, no way in hell he should be selling it for 350.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fellas,

I think you may be confusing on "what you would pay" and what the bike can fetch on the open market. I have sold more than a few bikes in my day and a couple of P2SL's in last 24 months. Again in good condition, good components (some specked with DA) and size along with this time of year...

It is the absolute perfect bike for a beginner on a budget.

I sold this one last year at this time for $975, stock setup thoroughly cleaned up and maintained. Again, accounting this could have been a bluebird and another year has past, it has likely dropped a bit, but as entry level bikes have crept up in price the used market on these bikes have not depreciated at the rate you may think...and there are some folks the still want AL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:

I agree, $500 if in like new condition which it probably isn't. $350 -$400 would be a fair price for an excellent condition P2SL.

While there are some on Ebay listed for well over that, the completed listing doesn't show them selling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be interested. What size is it?
Quote Reply