Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Since Boston uses birth year to determine age graded BQ categories, they should also use birth sex. Otherwise it's OK for me to fib my age as a 45 year old male - because I "feel" perform like one at that age (I am in my 30s fyi)

I kind of skimmed the thread so don't know if this was brought up already. According to the article linked it goes beyond just identifying as a certain gender.

More about Amelia: She has been on hormones for three years, and says she had been back and forth about surgery for awhile. She hesitated for many reasons, not the least of which was the apprehension and fear she had of the long and intense post-operation recovery period. She finally decided to undergo the procedure, because “my big goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and I can’t qualify for it as a woman without having surgery.â€

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
dyarab wrote:

0.6% of population identifies them self as transgender:

But isn't amazing how much control over the narrative they have?
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
... the narrative ...

Is it just me, or has this word become more prominent since Westworld? Or am I just noticing it more?

Carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
Don't m mix TRG entire category with subcategory of male\female age groupers... apples to apples

I'm sorry, I thought you said that if a category is less than 1%, it can go

Isn't Age Group a category?

Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:
Since Boston uses birth year to determine age graded BQ categories, they should also use birth sex. Otherwise it's OK for me to fib my age as a 45 year old male - because I "feel" perform like one at that age (I am in my 30s fyi)

I kind of skimmed the thread so don't know if this was brought up already. According to the article linked it goes beyond just identifying as a certain gender.

More about Amelia: She has been on hormones for three years, and says she had been back and forth about surgery for awhile. She hesitated for many reasons, not the least of which was the apprehension and fear she had of the long and intense post-operation recovery period. She finally decided to undergo the procedure, because “my big goal is to qualify for the Boston Marathon, and I can’t qualify for it as a woman without having surgery.â€

Am I the only one that thinks that it is absolutely crazy to be considering surgery of any kind, let alone this kind, to qualify for a friggin' race?
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
dyarab wrote:
... the narrative ...

Is it just me, or has this word become more prominent since Westworld? Or am I just noticing it more?

Carry on

I have noticed it since Zero Dark Thirty.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Boston Qualified: Transgender Women [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I have noticed it since Zero Dark Thirty.

Didn't see it, but that does pre-date WestWorld [HBO]

Quote Reply

Prev Next