Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
davejustdave wrote:

/Slight rant: but this detour takes all of 2 minutes. While I was riding, I did witness a couple people on tt bikes skip the detour and ride south through the construction zone despite the sign saying "No pedestrians or cyclists past this point"...

Remember, being able to use the base is a privilege that the military doesn't have to extend to us. Blowing past signs instead of following a simple detour is the kind of behavior that could get cyclists banned from the base. If you are going to pre-ride that section the course, please follow all the signs, stop at the red lights, Etc.

/Rant off

Cuing off your rant... Every time I do Oceanside I see some idiot pull off their bike somewhere between miles 24 and 40, on the base, to piss on the side of the road. Unfortunately, I never got to see what would happen if a base official or MP rolled up.

Pissing on the side of the road in a race is bad enough. Doing so on a military base, when portapotties are provided every few miles, is just stupid.

/nowmyrantisoff :)

Time for another "how to pee on the bike" thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it seems like the rain is no longer in the forecast, no surf to speak of based on the 5 day forecast and barely any wind to boot. Too good to be true?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Swim Mechanic is putting on an open water swim clinic Friday Morning April 6 at 10 am.
I'm not familiar w TSM, but this looks like a good resource.
Cost isn't listed, so best to get in touch w TSM through the website, or email Bryan bryan@theswimmechanic.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/554261074956256/

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did a practice swim this morning and waves are around 5-6ft and they have some strength to them. Water was also a bit choppy. I was in the water for about 45 minutes, it’s cold but not too bad. Changed my mind and I am going to wear a neoprene swim cap. No booties, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like ocean swim has been moved into the harbor according to FB sources.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Apr 5, 18 13:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Looks like ocean swim has been canceled according to FB sources.

?? meaning the beach start into the surf (so back to the old course) or the entire swim?? Source?

Quote | Reply
It’s been moved back into the harbor. I’m at the expo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So much for putting the "ocean" back in "Oceanside" bummer. The beach start into the waves was going to be such a great explanation for missing my swim target. :-O.

Quote | Reply
So my original buoy tip is back in play! :P Too bad but at least the swim isn't canceled, just moved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
So my original buoy tip is back in play! :P Too bad but at least the swim isn't canceled, just moved.

What was your tip? (I am guessing it is in the other OC thread.. didn't see it in this one.)

Quote | Reply
Coming back into the harbor, stay as far to the right as the guards will let you (they should be shooing you away) and hug the docks on the final run to the finish. Seems obvious but lots of people follow the middle buoy line.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Coming back into the harbor, stay as far to the right as the guards will let you (they should be shooing you away) and hug the docks on the final run to the finish. Seems obvious but lots of people follow the middle buoy line.

cool, thx

Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
It’s been moved back into the harbor. I’m at the expo.

That's pathetic.

Surf was waist high at the expo this am and forecast is for more of the same through the weekend...

Weak sauce
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously... I was really looking forward to the new swim course.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [actiondcpd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actiondcpd wrote:
Seriously... I was really looking forward to the new swim course.

I really was as well. Not just the fact that there would be a little bit of surf to play in, but that it would spread out the swimmers a little bit more, which would make the bike course less crowded.

If it has been changed, I'm quite curious to hear the reason why. I'm betting it's because a bunch of people called and whined.

This really does nothing to dispel the notion that triathletes are a bunch of delicate flowers. The surf is about as close to Flat as it gets right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually assuming they would cancel the swim if there was any surf at all. Moving it back to the harbor is certainly better than cancelling. I agree though, I'm sure they got a ton of complaints and folded. At least the local San Diego races still have surf swims.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seriously. wtf? the surf is like 3 feet if that, but could of course that could change just like that.
looks the water is about 60 degrees or so at the moment?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Apr 5, 18 23:30
Re: Roll Call: Oceanside 70.3 [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just posted this on the other thread.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6603086#p6603086

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply