Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift 4wk FTP Booster [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In a post after that I was corrected to 4X8' at 110%

Since VO2max intervals are normally at 110%-115%+ and are in the neighborhood of 5 min long, that indicates to me that they are either really good at high power intervals compared to their FTP or their FTP is likely higher than what they have tested.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift 4wk FTP Booster [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the re-test had to be pushed back a week as I came down with strep throat during my last booster workout.

Started the 6wk program with a 190w FTP (2.3w/kg)
Followed the program pretty much to a T. Ran a CVR race this morning with the main goal of establishing a new FTP. Ended up with a new FTP of 227w (2.85w/kg)

Overall I think it was a great program and will incorporate it at the beginning of my ramp up next year.

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift 4wk FTP Booster [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great improvement, well done!

What was your training like in terms of consistency and volume before you started the program? Easier to make those sort of improvements if you're coming off a low training base at the start, on the other hand if you were already training pretty solidly then those sort of gains are huge.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift 4wk FTP Booster [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You hit the nail on the head with volume and consistency. Prior to January I hadn't ridden since Steelhead 70.3 in August and had done little training since a HM in October. In January I finally joined Zwift and had been riding about 3x week for a month before starting the 6wk FTP Booster. Once on the program I was riding 4-5x week (avg 5hrs/wk).
I think/know I would have seen improvements just with added consistency but thought the program was well structured and enjoyable-ish.

Quote Reply

Prev Next