Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Holy crap...
Quote | Reply
I just Googled an old friend of mine and his name popped right up, he died 4 years ago. I had no idea. I haven't been in touch with him, but he was only 48 and I was hoping... Shit, I don't know what I was hoping for.

Now I'm completely bummed.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap... [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weirdly I rejoined linked in this week. A friend immediately contacted me and said I assume your wife told you about another ex colleague.

I said no as she has not got the message either as we both stopped using linked in a year ago

The colleague has died. 45. CA. Twin 9 year old girls

Shocking

It's interesting that as a consequence of refusing to use social media this will happen more frequently

I found out that a friends sister in her 20's committed suicide in Jan but because I don't do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or anything else you don't find out till later if at all

Still shocking none the less
Quote Reply
Re: Holy crap... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm on all the sites and had not reached out to him. He was, let's say, troublesome, when we were kids. Somehow bad shit always found him.

Sorry to hear about the colleague. Leaving behind kids is always tough.

As I/we get older, more and more people we know will die. It's a weird progression of life.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know you are getting old when you get the high school or college alumni magazine and the first page you flip to is the "In memorium".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanme thing happened to my group of friends. Several years ago my buddy googled an old friend we had from highschool and found out that he had recently died.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That sucks.

Had something similar happen last year, tried finding an old college friend on LinkedIn, but no profile. She worked in sales, which is the one time of position that almost always has a profile on LinkedIn. So, I went to google, and the search results were:

Piece of Shit, a.k.a. ‘Piece of shit using a fake name,' Gets 54 Years in Prison For
Police: Suspect said he disposed of woman’s body
Woman’s boyfriend charged with murder a year after…

Dateline even did an hour long special surrounding her mysterious disappearance.

There are three kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Quote Reply