Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoe Help Please
Quote | Reply
I have been away from any exercise for some time due to a couple of cervical surgeries. I want to at least try and start back running a little and need shoe help as I do not know what has come and gone. I really loved the feel of the Hoka Clayton but like many had a blister issue. I have read that some people are still suffering from the blister problem with the Clayton 2 so not sure I want to risk dropping the cash to find it feels great but I get blisters. For those who have tried the Clayton and know what it feels like (firm and responsive in my view) what do you think I can try that would give me a similar feel as the clayton?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe Help Please [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not had the blistering in the Clifton but have only ran in the 2's and 3's, not the 4's. There are still 3's available plus at a discounted price. I had blister issues with the Claytons, both versions, until I replace the insole with a thicker aftermarket insole and the blister issues were gone. They are the 1 and 1a of the rotation.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoe Help Please [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been running in the Clayton for a while now and not long ago go a set of Hoka Cavu and I love them. A lot more room in the shoe so no blister issues, still a cushioned ride but feels even better than the Clayton for my running style.

http://www.roadtrailrun.com/2017/11/five-tester-2018-hoka-one-one-cavu.html
Quote Reply