Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Neil Young Film on Netflix
Quote | Reply
Hey Monty, you might be the only one who cares, but check out the new Neil Young/Daryl Hannah movie on Netflix: Paradox. Daryl makes her directorial debut with this.

I haven't watched the whole thing, but here is initial review:

Fast forward to 25 minutes to get to the real music. First 25 minutes is weird (Neil has done much weirder) yet hardcore Neil fans will enjoy the soundtrack in this segment. Beautifully filmed. Backing band, Promise of the Real with two of Willie Nelson's sons is awesome. (Q: is his son really singing that song that sounds just like Willie?). Sound quality is excellent. Watch this with sound playing on decent stereo system.

Instrumental version of one of his early classic jams is just amazing. I'd buy a DVD of this in a heartbeat just to have that one song. I'll kind of spoil if for you by saying you should be able to guess that this song is coming based on the costumes/setting.

I am looking forward to watching last 20 minutes this evening.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: New Neil Young Film on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
First 25 minutes is weird (Neil has done much weirder

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: New Neil Young Film on Netflix [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. Exactly. The movie from which that clip was taken was in my thoughts when I wrote that.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply